Club Car Precedent Issue

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Default Club Car Precedent Issue

My 2005 Club Car with only 150 hours on it
Has suddenly developed loud clunking in the front end when ever I turn the steering wheel left or right while in motion.
I immediately stopped driving it till I figure out what the situation may be. Tie rods seem fine
Hoping to find for only a loose bolt

Have any other Club Car owners ever experienced this condition ?
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Check the bolt where the steering wheel rod connects to the steering box. I used to have an 05 and an 06 and had that bolt get a little loose and it would clunk up the steering. Also could be worn out bushings where your tie rod connnects on either side.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Sounds like worn or broke/missing bushings (little plastic thingees )... that need to be replaced.

I have a friend who didn't replace his soon enough (same brand and about same year as yours) and it quickly wore his front tires out due to camber and toe in/out issues...in a very short time.

So not only did he have to have to change the bushings (do front and rear at the same time), but he had to buy new front tires because of the accelerated wear on them.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, car, rods, fine, figure

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.