Club Car vs EZGO

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Default Club Car vs EZGO

We are purchasing a home for the first time and considering one of these two brands for a 4-person cart, as they seem to have some of the highest reliability. Would like to hear what others think.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

We actually have one of each but the 2 seat version electric, both new 2 years ago. The EZ GO we love the CC not so much. EZ is an AC drive and does not slow going up hills, no problems with EZ. The only problem with the CC is the brake lights only come on if the presure on the pedel is in a spot that is under the "O" in "STOP". Not any other spot. We also thought a 4 seater would be a good idea but are happy we did not get one because whenever we go with more than 2 the neighbors drive in their own cart. Also if guests come to town we like having 2 carts. You can always rent another cart if needed and it can be a 4 seater.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Gold member
Default Things to consider

We have 2 Club Car electric carts, one a 2 seater DS 2005 (reconditioned in 2007 which is when we bought it), and a new 4 seater Precedent (2010).

When we have no guests, we use both carts to go to various different activities about 4-5 times a week. This is our first winter to be retired, and we have had a zillion house guests, so we project that next year we will actually be more involved in separate activities and be using 2 carts at the same time quite a bit more often (hope this is clear - 2nd glass of wine after doing my taxes .

When one or both of us golf, we like to use the 2 seater, much easier to strap on the clubs. We have the full roof on the 4 seater and the golf cart holder sticks out and has to be strapped on top and bottom - kind of a pain, but not that big a deal if you don't golf much - probably a big deal if you do. Can be turned around for the shopping bag and doesn't add so much length for parking. I like the 4 seater for garage sales and big shopping trips. Can strap a lot on that back seat.

The newer 4 seater has a smoother ride. Both lose a little bit going up a hill, but that gives the driver a chance to look around a little - honestly not a big deal, maybe adds 30 seconds to a trip.

If you have a lot of guests, like we do, I think you will love having a 4 seater. There are lots of times we use both carts at the same time when we have guests. The grandkids absolutely love riding in the cart and we can no longer fit them and us, let alone their parents, on a 2 seater. We figure (without keeping the books) that having the 2nd cart will pay for itself by us not using the car much. Probably will get 2-4 more years out of the car (that's just a guess - please don't ask me for figures to support this assertion).

We are happy with our choice for us (1 2-seater cart and 1 4-seater), but I think if I were buying one cart it would be a 4 seater Club Car DS with the shorter roof (easier to golf with). I think those are 2 seaters adapted for the rear seat. The nice thing about the full roof is if it rains or is cold and the plastic is down, it's not in the rear passengers' faces.

I've never driven the EZ Go and maybe it's fine too. Club Car has a great reputation for electric, so we went with that. Can use the chargers interchangeably, no matter which one is parked in front.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Default Club Car vs EZGO

Thanks for your responses as your input is helpful.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I would much prefer 2 golf carts, both 2 seats, then 1, 4 seat cart. That being said, I would use the available funds and buy 2 used carts. As to brand, I would buy which ever brand I could get the best buy. For the price of a new 4 seat cart either CC or EZ Go, you could get two nice used carts.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.