Custom Cart Seats - where to look?

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2019, 04:29 PM
Default Custom Cart Seats - where to look?

I have a new 2020 Yamaha that came from up north (brother bought for me and shipped it here) with OEM white vinyl seats. They're not very comfortable compared to the custom seat I've ridden on in my golf buddies carts.

Any suggestions on local sellers of custom seats? Thanks!
Old 11-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Google - custom golf cart seats yamaha
Old 11-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Google - custom golf cart seats yamaha
Great advice if you want to install yourself.

If you want to have it installed then check:
Carts and Clubs
Village Discount Golf Cars
The Villages Golf Cars
Old 11-16-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

innovativeseates.com and golfseats.com are both good aftermarket seat companies. You can order them online and have them delivered to your home. They are very easy to install if you are even a novice do it yourselfer.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the help. I purchased my sunbrella online from ace golf cart covers and have had several issues with it not fitting correctly. Still waiting on them to replace parts.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

For years the Villages Golf Carts sold Ultimate Seats out of Indiana I believe. I got them on my new Yamaha in 2011 and they were installed for $1500 when I bought the cart.

I believe Ultimate Seats went out of business and now The Villages, last time I checked, were selling and installing El Tigre Seats. They're very similar, if you order from their website this is $1400, or you could buy from The Villages and have them installed.

The Villages Florida

Pages Archive - El Tigre Custom Golf Cart Seats | Golf Cart Seats

Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 just east of Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf specializes in selling recent Yamahas refurbished with Villages upgrades for $8,000. My neighbor bought one of their carts and has the upgraded seats. They're nice, they just don't have the center armrest like my Ultimate but do have seat belts. They would probably be cheaper. They sell an package for $2500 which includes the seats, mirrors, sunbrella, mats, turn signals, headlights, everything you need. They probably sell the seats separate. This is their refurbished carts with seats.

The Villages Florida

Village Discount Golf Car
Old 11-22-2019, 09:37 AM

Thank you John !

I regret having gotten a stripped down cart and doing "The Villages" customization myself. As handy as I am - it's been a pain in the butt getting all the aftermarket parts... and to get them to fit/work as intended despite saving a lot of money. But the cart sure looks great and I do get a lot of complements.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

DIY carts.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

I bought and installed El Tigre seats in my 2019 cart. Piece of cake to install. Just 4 bolts on the seat back.

Go to Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They have 20 or 30 carts in stock with 2 or 3 versions of El Tigre seats installed in a variety of colors. If you see one you like they will literally take it out of the cart and send it with you.

Their prices are competitive with online sales. Decent folks to do business with.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 11-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtongue View Post
Thank you John !

I regret having gotten a stripped down cart and doing "The Villages" customization myself. As handy as I am - it's been a pain in the butt getting all the aftermarket parts... and to get them to fit/work as intended despite saving a lot of money. But the cart sure looks great and I do get a lot of complements.
I did mine like you are doing yours except I had the Yamaha light kit installed that included the auto style turn signal stalk and the multi-function meter on the steering wheel stalk. I saved about $2,000 compared to Village prices and it took me about 3 days overall to install the dash, sunbrella enclosure, mirrors, and seats. Totally worth it to me.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
custom, seats, compared, comfortable, seat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.