Delays in delivering carts from Carts and Clubs in Ocala

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2022, 09:03 PM
Default Delays in delivering carts from Carts and Clubs in Ocala

Last October 15 we ordered a Yamaha cart from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. We are still waiting for it. Delay they say is now for a part for the self canceling turn signals

Is this the new normal?
Old 03-15-2022, 11:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

6 to 8 months for a new build has been the norm for awhile. Good news is selling a used cart is quick and $$$$
Old 03-16-2022, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
Last October 15 we ordered a Yamaha cart from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. We are still waiting for it. Delay they say is now for a part for the self canceling turn signals

Is this the new normal?
Yes, and it could get worse with the latest China mainland lockdown, as their sinovac vaccine isn't very effective, and lockdowns are only temporary measures, and BA.2 omicron is spreading and killing pervasively in Hong Kong, though limited data from the mainland.

Chinese lockdown means a supply chain disruption in the near future again, and may be worse with their particular strains and medical system.

dr sportsguy
Old 03-16-2022, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Such a shame we don't make anything in this country anymore. They own us.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,960 Times in 752 Posts

Actually you can have the accessories installed after you have received golf cart you may even find that paying attention when driving and turn off directional manually you may not need it.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Actually you can have the accessories installed after you have received golf cart you may even find that paying attention when driving and turn off directional manually you may not need it.
I have a family member that got a 21 Yamaha and the self cancelling signal is way too close to the steering wheel and according to the dealer, can't be remediated.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Is this the new normal?
Hopefully not the new norm. If you have not checked this out, but do suggest that you take delivery of the cart and get the turn signals added later. Would hope that dealer could do this.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:59 PM

Moved to TV in January. Visited the local stores and all of them said it would be May (at the earliest) and a cart was $18,500. Called our local store in our home town in Kentucky, they had one one the show room floor for $13,200. I had a trailer so it was easy decision for me but others I heard that shipping is around $1,000. Only issue you may encounter is the local stores wont service them unless you buy from them. It's a rip off what they local stores are charging....
Old 03-16-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Is this the new normal?
Not sure if that is 'normal', I ordered my Yamaha Golf Cart from The Villages Golf Cars and they have promised to have it delivered in 4 months!
Old 03-16-2022, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders View Post
Moved to TV in January. Visited the local stores and all of them said it would be May (at the earliest) and a cart was $18,500. Called our local store in our home town in Kentucky, they had one one the show room floor for $13,200. I had a trailer so it was easy decision for me but others I heard that shipping is around $1,000. Only issue you may encounter is the local stores wont service them unless you buy from them. It's a rip off what they local stores are charging....
Similarly equipped?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 PM
Default 4-6 weeks delivery of mine

I just ordered one this week in the villages golf cart people told me it would be 4 to 6 weeks with no problem. I hope they are right.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I guess it is like everything else now. So glad that it was not like this 3 years ago. We stopped in 2 store, fell in love with a new build on the showroom floor. Once we had our house and closing date I called and the cart was mine. I picked it up the first day in the new house. I can say the self cancelling directional are great.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If the self-cancelling feature is all that is holding up delivery of a new cart, I wouldn’t hesitate an instant in changing my order, eliminating that feature. I’ve been using manual-canceling turn signals for fifteen years and haven’t found them the least bit undesirable.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:23 AM
Veteran member

The money you save by going with C&C is not worth the cart your going to receive. Kept mine for 2 years then unloaded it. Buy from the villages you will be happier in the long run
Old 03-17-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Similarly equipped?
:
Only issue you may encounter is the local stores wont service them unless you buy from them. It's a rip off what they local stores are charging....

I've lived here 8 years, have many friends who purchased carts elsewhere and have it serviced at The Villages Cart shop with no problems. Only caveat is you can't make an appointment unless you purchased from them, but you can do a drive up anytime. Also, there are MANY reputable "come to your house" cart service guys around. So service isn't an issue IMHO.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, clubs, ocala, part, delays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.