Do you have a Gas Power Club Car?

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2019, 10:09 PM
Default Do you have a Gas Power Club Car?

If so, what do you think? Please only respond if you actually own one and drive it in The Villages. Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

After 10 years and experience from both gas and electric, I vote Elec.

Elec is cleaner, quieter and will travel 30 miles on old week batteries.

Exaggerated Example:
5 miles to golf course
5 miles of play
5 miles to lunch
5 miles to home

Plug it it an start over.

I don’t see the need to spend more than 6 hours in a cart in one day, so the old saying, gas goes farther, does not mean anything to me.

Cost, $800 every 6 years for batteries = $130 per year.
Even if the gas cart maintenance and fuel was free, I will gladly pay $10.00 per month for the convenience of clean and quiet Elec cart.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:26 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post

Exaggerated Example:
5 miles to golf course
5 miles of play
5 miles to lunch
5 miles to home

I don’t see the need to spend more than 6 hours in a cart in one day, so the old saying, gas goes farther, does not mean anything to me.

Even if the gas cart maintenance and fuel was free, I will gladly pay $10.00 per month for the convenience of clean and quiet Elec cart.

I agree
Old 11-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
If so, what do you think? Please only respond if you actually own one and drive it in The Villages. Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks!
Yes. It is HIS. It is a 2017. He says it has a Subaru engine and they decided they are leaving the golf cart engine business. He likes his gas club car. He is kind of an expert on stuff like that.

I drive a seventeen year old gas powered Yamaha.

We had an electric Par Car for awhile.

Electric cars are quieter, not fumey, better for the environment and quit alongside the road too often for us.

Hardly anything passes gas here.

Sorry. I had to work that in.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I’ve had a 2008 Club Car Precedent 4 seater since new. I love the fact that the Kawasaki engine has a pressurized oil system and oil filter. I have driven many miles here in The Villages and the cart has plenty of power even with 4 adults traveling. I’ve really only had 2 issues, one was the voltage regulator and second was front suspension bushings. Both issues were easily fixed myself at very little expense. I know the newer CC have a different engine and fuel injection....I think they had some issues with both.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Wife has a 2019 CC onward (gas) and she loves it. I little louder then my Yamaha but not by much. The one thing that stands out the most on the Onward is the steering is much tighter and has less play/drift then my Yamaha of same year.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to PWPOTE2000

I had a gas Club Car since 2010. Excellent cart. Just recently purchased a 2014 Yamaha from my brother in law. The Yamaha cart is no match for the Club Car. The Club Car drives better, rides better and is more comfortable.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I have 4 golf carts 3 Yamaha's 1 Club I'll take Yamaha over Club Car any day my Club Car is like driving an oven. The engine compartment gets so hot you can feel the heat coming through the seat.
Just get behind many club cars any look at the engine compartment service door many have added a perforated plate to reduce excess heat.
My wife refers to the Club Car as our winter cart
Old 11-06-2019, 08:20 AM
Default Absolutely Get a Club Car!

Quote:
I have a 2010 Cub Car, irs Gas and don’t understand why anyone would buy an electric cart. Parts are easy to get and very seldom do they need replacing. I need a faster cart I live off Morse on the North side pulling out or turning this time of the year with the snow birds here can be very challenging, but not for me my cart does 32 mph. So there’s power when you need it. On Electric carts Battery cost is about $400 a year and that’s on the low end. We stay in the bubble 95% of the year and use our cart every day. I change the oil and filter 3-4 times a year Yamaha doesn’t have a filter on their gas engines and that baffles me even a lawn mower has a oil filter. There is a dealer on 27-441 for clobber cars they are worth checking out.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post

Exaggerated Example:
5 miles to golf course
5 miles of play
5 miles to lunch
5 miles to home

Guess you haven’t purchased batteries in a while closer to $1500 installed. Unless you do it yourself and buy cheap batteries.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolman44 View Post
I’ve had a 2008 Club Car Precedent 4 seater since new. I love the fact that the Kawasaki engine has a pressurized oil system and oil filter. I have driven many miles here in The Villages and the cart has plenty of power even with 4 adults traveling. I’ve really only had 2 issues, one was the voltage regulator and second was front suspension bushings. Both issues were easily fixed myself at very little expense. I know the newer CC have a different engine and fuel injection....I think they had some issues with both.
Gas Club Cars are the best carts to own. I like mine and would never buy a cart without an oil filter.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Guess you haven’t purchased batteries in a while closer to $1500 installed. Unless you do it yourself and buy cheap batteries.
$876.33 from Battery Boys in September.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
I have a 2010 Cub Car, irs Gas and don’t understand why anyone would buy an electric cart. Parts are easy to get and very seldom do they need replacing. I need a faster cart I live off Morse on the North side pulling out or turning this time of the year with the snow birds here can be very challenging, but not for me my cart does 32 mph. So there’s power when you need it. On Electric carts Battery cost is about $400 a year and that’s on the low end. We stay in the bubble 95% of the year and use our cart every day. I change the oil and filter 3-4 times a year Yamaha doesn’t have a filter on their gas engines and that baffles me even a lawn mower has a oil filter. There is a dealer on 27-441 for clobber cars they are worth checking out.

32 MPG OMG! Dangerous not to mention illegal unless its registered
Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage

Why? Facts please, not opinions. My Yamaha golf cart carries a 5000 hour warranty on the engine - about 80,000 miles or 20 years - doubt I will have it that long, and it doesn’t have an oil filter.

Quote:
Gas Club Cars are the best carts to own. I like mine and would never buy a cart without an oil filter.

Last edited by biker1; 11-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Sage

Nope. Pretty much all lawn mowers have splash lubrication and no oil filter. Why? Because they are effective.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
drive, villages, opinion, respond, power

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.