Do you have a Gas Power Club Car?

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

We have 2 EFI gas carts, a 2015 club car and a 2014 Yamaha. Here are my observations. The club car has way less passenger room (head and leg room) than the Yamaha. That is not a bad thing, but something to consider if you are a tall person. I am 6'1" and find the club car too confining and difficult to get in and out of frequently when golfing. My wife is 5'2" and and finds the Yamaha too big and is not as comfortable in it. She primarily uses the club car and I use the Yamaha. The Yamaha is quieter and takes the bumps a little better. The club car has tighter steering and a little quicker acceleration. However, the club car is noticeably louder, I it hesitates for a second when accelerating from a complete stop, and on rare occasion it backfires when decelerating. Both carts have been reliable. We have never had a problem with the Yamaha and have only broken down once with the club car (an alternator belt broke while driving on the MMP). Lastly, the club car seems to go through tire tread faster than the Yamaha. Either way, you can't go wrong. If I was buying a new cart now, I would go with the gas Yamaha quiet tech for both its quiteness as well as the rear independent suspension, which absorbs bumps better than any other cart I have been in. Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
After 10 years and experience from both gas and electric, I vote Elec.

Elec is cleaner, quieter and will travel 30 miles on old week batteries.

Exaggerated Example:
5 miles to golf course
5 miles of play
5 miles to lunch
5 miles to home

Plug it it an start over.

I don’t see the need to spend more than 6 hours in a cart in one day, so the old saying, gas goes farther, does not mean anything to me.

Cost, $800 every 6 years for batteries = $130 per year.
Even if the gas cart maintenance and fuel was free, I will gladly pay $10.00 per month for the convenience of clean and quiet Elec cart.
Agree. Our electric Yamaha is quiet and smooth and I still would not want to spend more than a couple of hours each day driving a golf cart. I'm aware there are lots of folks who go everywhere in their cart, but that just isn't me.

I prefer the quiet and cool of my car in the hot summer months to go anywhere beyond 5 miles.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
........my cart does 32 mph.
Oh my. From what I have read time and time again on this site, this is against the law.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Guess you haven’t purchased batteries in a while closer to $1500 installed. Unless you do it yourself and buy cheap batteries.
Worth every penny!!!
Old 11-08-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
If so, what do you think? Please only respond if you actually own one and drive it in The Villages. Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks!
I have a 2019 and love it has a key pad code to start feel very sure it will not be stolen
Closed Thread

Tags
drive, villages, opinion, respond, power

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.