Driving Lessons/Classes Please?

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2021, 11:19 PM
Default Driving Lessons/Classes Please?

Hello to All
First time poster, long time reader.
My son and I are moving to TV in mid July. I am searching for information on safe
driving in TV via car and cart. I was hoping to find that a class was available that we could attend with others. However, I haven't found anything despite searching and reaching out to other Villagers. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this or advice for us? I certainly would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Thx....
Old 07-07-2021, 04:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Google app using bicycle mode , The Villages GPS App using Ear Buds , and Defensive Driving in The Roundabouts! Master those and remember Happy Hour starts at 11 am!
Old 07-07-2021, 06:04 AM

A Golf Cart Safety Clinic is sponsored by The Villages Homeowners’ Association and The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office. I attended the class in May, I had never driven a golf cart until arriving in TV. It was an excellent class, they covered where you could and couldn’t drive your cart along with answering any vehicle regulation questions. For information on dates go to Home - VHA (thevha.net) under Events.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

The HOA holds golf cart safety clinics.

https://www.thevha.net/events/
Old 07-07-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Glad to see you are researching this. The VHA and POA as well as districtorg.gov have additional resources, specifically about the roundabouts (aka traffic circles). These seem to be the biggest problems, as there are a lot of people that do not understand how to use these correctly. Keep an eye on the speed limits many people do not and go well over the posted speed limits.
As for golf carts, legal speed limit is 20 MPH, anything over this is considered a Low Speed Vehicle and needs to be licensed. We have ours legally set to 20 MPH, and will have several carts go flying past us on any given trip, I have no idea what the rush is. Pay attention to the signs, I have personally missed a NO GOLF CARTS BEYOND THIS POINT sign and ended up in a roundabout when in an area I was not familiar with. The proshops and sales offices typically have golf cart path maps.
Welcome the The Villages.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:43 AM

Just remember that if you do find and take a class for "safe driving in TV via car and cart", you will be the ONLY one in the community who knows how to do it. So pay really close attention to the section of the class when they talk about "Defensive Driving" !!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, searching, time, villagers, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.