Which electric cart brand?

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I believe Club Car has an excellent electric cart especially the old DS Series. I own a Precedent

I have 6 x 8v Powertron a little over 4 years old that still hold a good charge. I keep them properly maintained and clean off the contacts but don't want to push my luck.

I can't bring myself to switch to gas. To convert my electric cart to gas would cost $2,000 I have a solar panel but suspect it may just add a little extra trickle. I looked at lithium and found a company with a branch in Tampa that wanted $690 per 8 volt battery. The lithium charger was $400 but they stated could use current one available. I looked at AC motors but the increased costs didn't seem to justify the purchase. I looked at Trojan Ranger and may purchase 6 within the next week or so and see if that satisfies my needs
Old 06-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Let's stay on the original topic where the OP was asking about opinions on electric golf cart brands.

A number of posts were removed when it turned into a personal debate on carbon footprint and electricity usage.

Thank you,

I reduced my carbon footprint by having no more kids ! Now I can enjoy my leaded fuel '63 Vette with a clean conscience.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:51 AM

I would recommend you consider a Starr cart. I purchased mine two years ago for $9500 and it is the ss model with a flip down rearseat, upgraded cover , dashboard, wheels, and eight 6 V batteries. My true comfort range is 50 miles.
Whatever you buy I would recommend you add a Desulfonater which increases the life of your battery by not allowing sulfate to build up on the cells. I think I paid about $40 for mine and it is a snap to Install.
The star also has a higher roof that makes it easy for you to get in and out but not as high as a parr car
Old 07-15-2015, 01:43 PM

I have a 3 year old Star EV cart. The range is unbelievable compared to the club car I had before. I bought the cart by Tomberline but they went out of business and the company took over the store. Now they are located on 466 past Rolling Acers Rd. My batteries where not too good anymore and they replaced my 8- 6volt batteries at no charge because Tomberline was supposed to put Trojans in and they did not. Now that is what I call customer service. The workers there are very nice.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:39 PM

Why are you selling it when only a few years old?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:53 PM

Why are you selling the 2011 E Z Go electric as it's only 4 years old?
Old 07-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
It was also recommended to get a "Battery Minder" trickle charger in addition to a regular charge type device. I was told that if one drive less than 15 miles per day, to use to trickle charger to recharge the batteries.
Sorry to be off original topic, but...

I asked batteryMinder how best to use the device and they said to always use the proper charger to recharge the batteries, then use the batteryMinder

I had been doing what was mentioned above, and was concerned that my batteryMinders were very hot (when recharging; not when trickle charging)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.