Monitors voltage, charges as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 04:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf Carts gas or electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I don't want gas.
Hi, we have an Easy Go, love it so much. Bought it OUTSIDE THE VILLAGES. So, on gas or electric.

You may want to check your chemistry book for a balanced combustion process. You will find for perfect combustion, and we do not have perfect combustion.
But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, To burn a pint of gas (one pound) it takes 14 pounds of air. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 15 pounds of exhaust goes out the pipe, check it out. Electric, No exhaust. Be sure to hold your breath going through the tunnels. Good luck folks.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi, we have an Easy Go, love it so much. Bought it OUTSIDE THE VILLAGES. So, on gas or electric.

You may want to check your chemistry book for a balanced combustion process. You will find for perfect combustion, and we do not have perfect combustion.
But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, To burn a pint of gas (one pound) it takes 14 pounds of air. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 15 pounds of exhaust goes out the pipe, check it out. Electric, No exhaust. Be sure to hold your breath going through the tunnels. Good luck folks.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

The 2017 Yamaha gas carts are not that much quieter than the older models. Someone up-thread said these new gas carts are almost as quiet as electric. No way, Jose! My electric Yamaha is whisper quiet and rides smoother than the Yamaha 2017 gas. I've been in the 2017 gas Yamaha on a ride from LSL to Brownwood and my insides were scrambled by the time I got there. I guess I'm just spoiled with the smooth and super quiet ride I get from my 2016 Yamaha electric cart.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Gold member
Default These arguments get ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post

The fact is going through the tunnels what you smell is the golf cart ahead of you. You may be right that it is 14 lbs of air to one pound of fuel BUT I had always thought it is volume not weight. In any case, it is only important to the carburetor designer. The engine will tell you it is happy or not.

The fuel injected carts, which is what we have do seem to be far cleaner.

You can talk about his wife, but for peace do not mention politics, religion, dogs, lawns OR GOLF CARTS.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Gold member
Default Re; 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The 2017 Yamaha gas carts are not that much quieter than the older models. Someone up-thread said these new gas carts are almost as quiet as electric. No way, Jose! My electric Yamaha is whisper quiet and rides smoother than the Yamaha 2017 gas. I've been in the 2017 gas Yamaha on a ride from LSL to Brownwood and my insides were scrambled by the time I got there. I guess I'm just spoiled with the smooth and super quiet ride I get from my 2016 Yamaha electric cart.

As I said in another post you can criticize a guys wife, his kids but for peace do not bring up politics, religion, lawns OR GOLF CARTS

First of all the 2017 Yamahas are quieter. I drove one when our 2015 was in for an oil change. I did not look but expect they put some sound deadening material around the engine and perhaps modified the exhaust system.

RE: electric being quieter-of course it is BUT
As you surely know-you give up range. If, you run out of charge there is no place to fill it up. As the batteries get older it will not go as far as it used to on a fresh set of batteries and replacing the batteries is not at all inexpensive.

AS TO QUIET-quiet may not be GOOD. With a gas golf cart, people, bicyclists, animals can hear you coming.
There is a reason there are no quiet motorcycles.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

The reasons there are no electric motorcycles (yet) is the batteries are too heavy.....has nothing to do with sound. The electric debate continues from and on other threads and all the arguments are there......buy what works for you.....not what works for someone else.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
plugged, electric, golf, cart, leave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.