Electric Golf Cart Charging Stations

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

Those that love gas will always talk about advantages of gas, those of us that love electric will do the same. Kind of agree with CW on the onboard charger. We have one of each and have never had a range issue but if you don't plug it in.....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Carts

[QUOTE=VillageIdiots;1590637]All of the gas carts running around here are surely a better alternative to the cars that would be used if carts weren't allowed, so tree-huggers should be happy about that. I've never seen a cart that can be fully charged in 3 hours or even close to that. I suppose

As I said earlier, we can go to Brownwood, then to Spanish, then to Pimlico and home. We do a lot of volunteer work. I did not say we need to totally charge it. The above trip puts the meter (usage or available) at 1/2 that is One-half. I bought a good quality Charger, it takes 3 or less than 3 hours to charge. The charger that comes with it was not good. Seco says the rate will be 75c to 85c per hour. There are many solid reasons that people have problems with electric carts, many basic items and it is not my intent or my job to try to educate them on what is going wrong. After 25 years in Engineering, Electro/Mechanical design work, I know better than to try to convince some people on the basics. Sorry, I do not mean to be bragging. Have fun.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:40 PM

where did you buy your electric cart? The Villages store tried very hard to get us to buy gas...we want electric.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoBod View Post
where did you buy your electric cart? The Villages store tried very hard to get us to buy gas...we want electric.

Hi, Ocala has the AGC carts. Ours is a dream. And, there is no way I would have a gas cart. Have had the AGC electric, and it is perfect 2.5 years. You will hear of people with the fear of running out of juice, electric? No problem, they just need to learn how to take care of an electric JEWEL. Easy to do but not for me to try to educate the world.
Have fun and enjoy breathing
Old 10-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoBod View Post
One more ?

Surely, you do not believe a place with a gas pump would want to have you go electric on a cart ??? Come on now.

But, go electric and enjoy the ride.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am tired of hearing about fumes and the environment. It all boils down to being practical and safe and realistic.

We had one electric golf cart and one gas golf cart. We now have two gas carts. We all get a little older and a little wiser and a little more disinclined to be stranded.

If a man or a woman lives long enough he or she will trade their electric golf cart for a gas powered one. Even the most idealistic villager.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am tired of hearing about fumes and the environment. It all boils down to being practical and safe and realistic.

We had one electric golf cart and one gas golf cart. We now have two gas carts. We all get a little older and a little wiser and a little more disinclined to be stranded.

If a man or a woman lives long enough he or she will trade their electric golf cart for a gas powered one. Even the most idealistic villager.
Now why would you say that? You usually don't try and pass your bias on others.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I think Graciegirl passed on her bias because of observation over time and because she is correct. We have a husband-wife team who own two electric carts. They have been telling all who will listen that they never have to bother to buy gas Blah, Blah, Blah. Guess what? Both carts need batteries at the same time. Ouch! I feel bad for them, nice people that never really thought about this coming. They are going to fix one and let go of the tree and buy one gas cart for long trips. I wished them luck and take no joy in their financial pain!
Old 10-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Thank you for your pointing it out. You are right.

I think maybe because I am grumpy today and my frozen shoulder hurts and it would not like for me to be stranded. I will try to be softer and kinder and more open minded. Today I want to be sure I get to the physical therapist and back.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I think Graciegirl passed on her bias because of observation over time and because she is correct. We have a husband-wife team who own two electric carts. They have been telling all who will listen that they never have to bother to buy gas Blah, Blah, Blah. Guess what? Both carts need batteries at the same time. Ouch! I feel bad for them, nice people that never really thought about this coming. They are going to fix one and let go of the tree and buy one gas cart for long trips. I wished them luck and take no joy in their financial pain!
Well Nucky, my wife and I both have electric carts, and we both bought them around the same time. Our due diligence showed, very obviously, that we would need to replace the batteries every 3 years. Since both carts can go 50 miles on a charge, it drops to about 30 at three years we have never had the "range fear" most gas owners have. The quiet, no gas, no oil, no engine maintenance were important to us, it's not important to everyone. The fact that your friends made a judgement mistake by not doing their due diligence in depth and maybe made an emotional buy doesn't change the fact the electric carts have a place here.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM
TOTV Moderator

The original topic of this thread was the presence of charging stations in The Villages. That question has been answered. The thread has now devolved into the eternal debate of gas carts versus electric carts and is now closed.

If you wish to start yet another thread on gas versus electric carts, please feel free to do so.

Closed Thread

Tags
charging, electric, stations, squares, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.