Electric Golf Cart Charging Stations

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2018, 08:42 PM
Default Electric Golf Cart Charging Stations

I was wondering if there are electric charging stations at shopping centers or in the town squares where you can pay for a charge by credit card?
Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
I was wondering if there are electric charging stations at shopping centers or in the town squares where you can pay for a charge by credit card?
Nope. Get a gas cart. They have gas stations at each square..

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2018, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Don't know why you would need one.....today's electric carts have enough range and the current batteries last longer. We have two and go wherever we want with no issues.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-15-2018, 04:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

And their off!
Old 10-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
If you are worried you can always get a cart towing service. Pretty cheap for a year membership.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:49 AM

You do realize that it takes hours, not minutes, to charge a typical electric cart? Keep electric carts plugged in ALL the time when in your garage, and if you can’t get where you want to go and back on a charge, it’s time to switch to gas or at least time for new batteries.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

I look it this way: I live in Country Club Hills,
First year - can go to Brownwood, drive around a while and get home no problem.
2nd year - can go to Brownwood and back but not drive around.
3rd year - can go to Brownwood, but might not make it back.
4th year - not making it to Brownwood
5th year - I hope I can make to Lake Sumter and back. New battery time.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:32 AM

That's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg gg ride to Brownwood my friend
Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,230 Posts

OP, there currently no charging stations that I know of. I think you have 2 options, call SECO see if they would be interested, call the District Government offices and see if they are interested. Maybe the GC dealer would be interested in this as a service? In any case there would be several items to be discussed. First where would these be located, how would payments be made (credit card?), unsupervised operation (charge while you are away), weather (we get lots of rain), etc. I know there is a way to do this (look at California for electric cars), but not sure there is sufficient infrastructure or demand for having it here. I wish you good luck if you decide to pursue this.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Charging Stations ?

Quote:
Do you think the Village Mgt. would want charging stations ? Hey, anyone with a gas pump wants to sell GAS,,,,,,, $$$$$

Our electric cart is over two years old. We can go to Brownwood, then to Spanish springs, then to Pimlico and then Home. Gauge is half down. Cart Charges in three hours at 75c per hour per SECO information. OK Gasers ?? One pint of gas is about a pound. Mix that one pound of GAS with 14 pounds of air for combustion. THEN PUMP 15 POUNDS OF EXHAUST GARBAGE OUT FOR ALL TO INHALE ??
Have fun.
We look forward to the days of NO GAS.

bbbbbb
Old 10-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Just pause in one of the cart tunnels and take a deep breath. We don't need gas carts - just electric carts with better batteries and extended range. Bonus - electric carts are much harder to rig to make them "go faster" and turn them into unregistered motor vehicles. Fewer lawbreakers on our cart paths.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
This might answer your question. My neighbor in Tamarind Grove drove his electric cart to Orange Blossom on this historic side and played 18 holes. On his return trip he ran out of power as he was passing Mallory GC. He went to the starter shack and they said you can charge your cart at any starter shack, you just need to have your own cables. He called his wife and she brought the cables and he plugged in his cart. Then he and his wife went in the Mallory restaurant for a while to eat and drink. When he came back his cart was charged enough to get home. He didn't belong to the towing service. He usually rides with me in my Yamaha but that day I couldn't play. He has since bought a Yamaha gas cart. As far as in town, in front of Kohl's they have one space for electric car charging. That shopping center is not accessible by cart.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This might answer your question. My neighbor in Tamarind Grove drove his electric cart to Orange Blossom on this historic side and played 18 holes. On his return trip he ran out of power as he was passing Mallory GC. He went to the starter shack and they said you can charge your cart at any starter shack, you just need to have your own cables. He called his wife and she brought the cables and he plugged in his cart. Then he and his wife went in the Mallory restaurant for a while to eat and drink. When he came back his cart was charged enough to get home. He didn't belong to the towing service. He usually rides with me in my Yamaha but that day I couldn't play. He has since bought a Yamaha gas cart. As far as in town, in front of Kohl's they have one space for electric car charging. That shopping center is not accessible by cart.

The Villages Florida
Priceless.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Default Exhaust

That smelly exhaust from gas carts. Think of the stench made by that coal fired power plant to make the electricity to charge your clean smelling electric cart. Think an answer thru before you print it
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 AM
Sage

I assume you realize that fossil fuels are burned to create the electricity to charge your electric golf cart. I also assume that you own an automobile and it is an all-electric such as a Tesla or Nissan Leaf. If you do in fact own an automobile and it uses gasoline then you should consider what you just posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Do you think the Village Mgt. would want charging stations ? Hey, anyone with a gas pump wants to sell GAS,,,,,,, $$$$$

Our electric cart is over two years old. We can go to Brownwood, then to Spanish springs, then to Pimlico and then Home. Gauge is half down. Cart Charges in three hours at 75c per hour per SECO information. OK Gasers ?? One pint of gas is about a pound. Mix that one pound of GAS with 14 pounds of air for combustion. THEN PUMP 15 POUNDS OF EXHAUST GARBAGE OUT FOR ALL TO INHALE ??
Have fun.
We look forward to the days of NO GAS.

bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
charging, electric, stations, squares, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.