Evolution 180AH Lithium Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM

We have had our Evolution 4 Pro 180 ah for three months now and so far we like it very much. I am surprised at the comments about Villages Discount Golf Carts. Our experience with them has been excellent. Just this past week we hit a hard bump and a part of our side panel popped out. We called, they picked it in two days and brought it back a day later good as new.
We like the way it rides, the quick start not a problem and we don’t notice any growling noise.
We live in the Village of Hawkins, way down south of 44. Last week we took it almost all the way to the 42 and back and had 68% battery left.
Really, these types of opinion questions really amount to asking people whether they like kale or not. Some people will love it and some will hate it.
As far as all the “made in China” comments…..only partially true. They are built in Chino, California using a mix of components, some made in China and some not. Pretty much like everything else on the road, and in the stores.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:05 PM

I saw one of the new Evolution D3 carts today in Fenny. Took some pics, but unfortunately it was gone by the time I came back. Here is a video from STM. Does anyone have any insight to share on these yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBz1tmuCpg
Old 07-02-2022, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood8300 View Post
Take a look at an Atomic. They are in Wildwood. I get around 100 miles/charge on mine.
Are you sure it isn't 100 KILOMETERS (about 63 miles)? I have a lithium Atomic, actually my second one, and while it doesn't say it (nor did they when I bought it) the odometer is in Kilometers not miles. 100 miles sounds very far fetched from my experience with 2 carts and over 20,000 MILES (not kilometers) over both of them and it also depends on how you come to that number. Did you ever run it down till it died? The battery gauge is not very linear meaning it stays high until it is about down to 4 bars then it takes a dive. Don't get me wrong, I lovei it, but am VERY skeptical you get anything near 100 miles. I record every charge and every mileage reading and average about 65 MILES with some A/C use. Heater kills it. This one is 3 years+ old and the lithium batteries have not degraded 1 bit. Get exactly the same mileage as the day I bought it. I charge it about 1 time very 5 or 6 days. Maybe your is different but doesn't sound right.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:16 PM
Gold member

Figure on 2.0ah-2.5ah per mile on a 48V system.

I have seen a couple of Evolution D3 carts now. 130ah...figure on 50 miles.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:38 AM

I just got 50 out of my 105 Eco-Battery.
Amazing, that much energy can be stored in that little package.

Eco Battery Store
Old 07-21-2022, 08:47 AM
Default Evolution. Speed

Does anyone know the person who turns up the speed in the evolution golf cart?
Old 08-05-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene9 View Post
Does anyone know the person who turns up the speed in the evolution golf cart?
Would like to know that myself. I don't want to go 30 MPH, but being able to keep up with the other carts would be a bonus.

The law in Florida is 20 MPH max, but the carts that are sold through the Villages Golf Carts all exceed that by about 3 MPH. Villages Discount will tell you that they follow the law, but obviously, VGC skirts that.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:31 AM
Default Evolution Electric Plus 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phairmason View Post
I test drove an Evolution Electric Plus 4 Passenger cart today at Villages Discount Golf Carts on 441. I have a 2013 gas Yamaha 4-seater and am looking at new lithium battery carts.

It had the LED display, speakers, and back up camera and fancy wheels/tires. But other than that, it's a barebones cart--no locking glove box, for example. I drove over a pretty deep pothole without a bounce (compared to my 2013 Y). I definitely liked the price.

Evolution owners:
  • Do you like it?
  • Does the "jump" start throw you off or do you get used to it?
  • Nothing on the dash has a closure. Do you have problems with items blowing away--maybe there's a hack to make a cavity a glove box?
  • What is the mileage on the 180AH battery charge? The sales rep said 55-65 miles.
  • What advice do you have about the Evolution cart or about the dealers in the area?

--Ruthie
I would be interested in your 2013 Yamaha gas cart, if your electric cart purchase replaces it.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phairmason View Post
I test drove an Evolution Electric Plus 4 Passenger cart today at Villages Discount Golf Carts on 441. I have a 2013 gas Yamaha 4-seater and am looking at new lithium battery carts.

It had the LED display, speakers, and back up camera and fancy wheels/tires. But other than that, it's a barebones cart--no locking glove box, for example. I drove over a pretty deep pothole without a bounce (compared to my 2013 Y). I definitely liked the price.

Evolution owners:
  • Do you like it?
  • Does the "jump" start throw you off or do you get used to it?
  • Nothing on the dash has a closure. Do you have problems with items blowing away--maybe there's a hack to make a cavity a glove box?
  • What is the mileage on the 180AH battery charge? The sales rep said 55-65 miles.
  • What advice do you have about the Evolution cart or about the dealers in the area?

--Ruthie
We have the Evolution Pro-4 and we like it very much. The jump start is not an issue for us, we got used to it (or learned to ease into it) pretty quickly. There is a storage locker under the back seat that is pretty specious if you have items that might blow away. We have been from the south end to the north end and back and still had almost 70% charge left so I can’t say exactly the mileage (they told us 70 miles to a charge) but it has certainly been adequate for us for anywhere we have wanted to go. Price was a big factor for us, but so was electric. We didn’t care about high end or all the bells and whistles. Basic was fine enough. The Evolution was the best all around package for us.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:43 PM

FWIW - We have one and have been able to get pretty close to the 80 miles I was told you could get out of it. Live in Hammocks at Fenney and have golfed up by Sumter Landing and it still shows almost 60% charge. I have not been willing to take it bone dry but I've been happy with it. The Service from The Villages Discount Golf Car has been good. I had a charging issue, they picked it up and corrected the issue and returned it inside of a week.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashes View Post
Buy gas
Yuck..
Old 08-06-2022, 08:14 AM
Default On the Hills

Not that there are many hills in TV, how does the Evolution handle the inclines coming out of the tunnels? Have you used it much with four people on it, if so, have you noticed any decease in performance, either range, acceleration or top end?
Closed Thread

Tags
evolution, carts, lithium, golf, 180ah

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.