Evolution D5 Cart

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2023, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
The Evolution carts are not as well built but they are half the price. There is not much tire sidewall so the ride is going to be jarring. The D3 is a classy looking cart.

Was passed by a lifted Yamaha with no muffler going about 35 MPH the other day...The guy even looked like a psychopath.

22 MPH is minimum in TV
By any chance was this on Hillsborough? If so, I’ve seen him too
Old 03-01-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
Don't feel bad. I should have noticed the same thing. Guess I just hadn't been around golf carts enough to know what I should really be looking for.

Otherwise, I like the look, and I opted for the radio/bluetooth set up which is nice. I really like the look of the wheels/tires vs some of the other carts. I do intend to look up the guy (also learned about on Facebook) that can dial up the speed a bit at some point. Not so I can be a speed demon, but just so I can keep up with the traffic on the straightaways.
We had him come out and adjust both our carts, including an Evolution. Best $200 we could have spent. We hated being tail-gated and passed going 21.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The gas modification SHOULD be ILLEGAL. And all that gas going down the cylinders puts more pollution in people's neighbors' lungs and then whoever buys THAT modified cart is getting RIPPED OFF with LIKELY a bad engine. The whole SICK concept stinks to the high heavens!
Going faster takes less time. So the engine is running less. Couldn't that be less pollution?
Old 03-02-2023, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

I find it interesting that everyone that gets passed by another cart seems to have a radar speed gun in hand - they always "know" how fast the other cart was going, and it's some ridiculous speed

Stating speeds of 35 and 40 is just plain ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Thanks for the video. Looks like they are refining the craftsmanship. I have an Evolution that is serving me well. It was purchased in Nov 2021 through Villages Discount so still under warranty. I had a few issues and they retrieved the cart and promptly fixed the problems (two occurrences). When the warranty is up I will have them use their calibration tool to change the max speed setting in the Curtis controller. It is obvious that the maximum range will decrease when driving faster. This is due to higher resistive forces.

I went to evolution website and they don't show the D5
-Does anyone know the specs:
> battery size
> Price?

Guessing that the value will be significantly higher than the ClubYamEZ. The function of the Evolution is hard to beat (noting that the ride harshness requires the driver to be cognizant of road / ground disturbances. I figure i get about 70 miles/ 6kWh; and my SECO rate is ~.12 per kw, so I get about 100mi/$ on paper. i know there are some efficiency losses during charging, so I figure 90/$ , no maintenance, no trips to the petrol station, quiet, 0 emissions, no stink.

As I mentioned - they need to work on fit and finish. The steering wheel and side seat handles have flashing from the parting line in the injection mold - not comfortable to grip. The D5 looks like it has nicer seats and steering wheel - not to mention power steering.

I did see another youtube review that said the rear truck was removable and could be replaced with a powered refrigerator, or a golf club carrier.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

So is that about the same size as regular carts. The original 4 front facing carts are to long to park were most carts can park, they need to park like a car which limits them a little.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I find it interesting that everyone that gets passed by another cart seems to have a radar speed gun in hand - they always "know" how fast the other cart was going, and it's some ridiculous speed

Stating speeds of 35 and 40 is just plain ridiculous.
Really?
I've paced carts doing 35+ in the diamond lane per the speedometer in my car.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Really?
I've paced carts doing 35+ in the diamond lane per the speedometer in my car.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
evolution, cart, front, facing, seats

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.