EZ GO Elite Lithium

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Default EZ GO Elite Lithium

Everyone seems to really love their Yamaha Quietech EFI gas engines. It seems to be the go to choice. I have read the many threads about the gas vs electric debate. Does anyone have an EZ GO Elite Lithium electric and can you offer a review? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:31 AM

I took one for a 50+ mile test drive. Loved it! Battery pack was only depleted by about 25% after 50 miles. It was almost back to 100% after 1 hour of charging. The one I drove had the 125 amp battery pack. Reason for not buying? Price! About $5,000 more than a gas, equipped the same. The Villages Golf Cart dealership wouldn't budge on the price. There are 2 other battery pack choices. Not sure of the cost.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Gold member

The Elite 4.0 with 120ah lithium battery should get you 55 miles per full charge. You can get a base model Elite 4.0 for about $11.5K elsewhere.

Club Car and Yamaha should have their Lithium carts out this Spring so there should be some price completion.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Another option is the new Smart Cart with a Toyota motor and lithium batteries. I understand that they are about $10,000 completely deck out for The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I would also be concerned on cost of battery replacement. No garrentee they will last as long as recommended. I sure after warranty is out the resale price drops like rocket. Gas engine will last lifetime if you change the oil and do regular preventive maintenance. I have never worn out gasoline engine. Unlike batteries you will be replacing them.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would also be concerned on cost of battery replacement. No garrentee they will last as long as recommended. I sure after warranty is out the resale price drops like rocket. Gas engine will last lifetime if you change the oil and do regular preventive maintenance. I have never worn out gasoline engine. Unlike batteries you will be replacing them.
I'm pretty certain that the Smart Cart has a ten-year life guarantee on the batteries.

Gas engines fail much more often than electrics are more expensive to maintain and more expensive to repair or replace.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, elite, lithium, electric, debate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.