EZ Go Lithium, opinions of owners

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2022, 06:13 AM
Default Star Sirius EV

Before going to the EZ GO try the Star. It’s battery is much better and range is great. There is an app for your phone that monitors the health of the battery and charge level
Old 09-06-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I believe I would wait a little longer before trying this newish technology! These batteries can go up in flames when being charged (which means so could your garage or entire home). I am not convinced that the golf cart industry has mastered this technology.

I might add that I am a proponent of this technology and have been driving (and charging) a Chevy Volt for 5 years! That car works great BUT incorporates a lot of hitech safety measures into using the lithium battery. It monitors the health of individual cells, as well cools them as needed! In hot weather here in Florida, even though my battery is fully charged, I will hear the cooling system turn on automatically to keep my battery in tip-top condition!

Good luck.
Very well said
Old 09-06-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Something like 75% of Yamaha gas powered Golf Carts, go to The Villages market. No 1st class golf course wants to buy them any longer.

That said, the Golf business primarily buys non-Lithium. They don't need the range capabilities and they're normally leased, instead of owned. At least in The Villages (if you don't mind paying top dollar), Yamaha is the easiest to get serviced.

The thought of a Lithium battery causing an explosion or fire, is grossly exaggerated. Common sense would tell you, having gasoline stored in your garage, is far more dangerous.
You need to research lithium battery fires, they happen more than you may think
Common sense tells me not to have lithium batteries or store gasoline in my garage
Certainly don’t keep the gas can near the lithium golf cart
Old 09-06-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngramuglia View Post
I am looking for a new cart and leaning toward the EZ Go Lithium, do any owners have some thoughts/opinions on them? Thanks
No thoughts - what did they say when you called the dealers that sell them??
Old 09-06-2022, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Take a look at the Evolution, they come standard with everything.
Golf cart Co in Clermont $9700.

The local dealer is much higher $$ and sets the speed down from factory 25mph to 20mph.
Will refuse to set at 25.

So far I like it a lot

Old 09-06-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I am looking for a new cart and leaning toward the EZ Go Lithium, do any owners have some thoughts/opinions on them? Thanks
We love ours! Plug it in and it charges quickly. We can play golf, go to the squares or out to eat, and come home with no issues. Absolutely no worries about running out of‘juice’! No noisy cart, no smelly gas!!!
Old 09-06-2022, 07:01 AM

Lithium is the only way to go. One-tenth the operating cost (1 cent per mile vs 10 cents for gas), no trips to gas station, no oil changes, zero maintenance, no stinky fumes and noise, more than enough range for The Villages, and Lithium carts will continue to have resale value in a few years (The Villages is the last remaining market for gas carts).

Here is an interesting study that shows a gas golf produces 2000 time more pollution than a full-size police cruiser: https://www.englewoodco.gov/home/sho...92355922630000

I wish the writers who claim lithium golf carts burn more often than gas carts would provide links to objective studies by unbiased sources. Personally, I have heard of more gas carts catching fire than electric (check out the golf-cart sized burn mark in the golf-cart lane on Rio Grande near the Chula Vista rec center)

I've had Lithium for two years now and would never go back to gas.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:05 AM

EZGO Freedom RXV Elite is what The Villages Golf Cars sells. Get the best lithium battery available. Ezgo is one of the top brands in golf carts with Club Car and Yahama. And pretty much the top rated if you want electric. Most of the other electric carts are Chinese even if they are assembled in the US. I love my EZGO Elite - it is very quiet with a smooth ride and no gas fumes, very little maintenance, and no trips to the gas station. Some friends I have given rides are shocked at the difference from their gas carts. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I have a lithium Star. It is amazing. So quiet I’ve been told I need a bell on it because I sneak up on people. It’s quick. It picks up speed even going up hill. Maintenance is low. No gas smell in the garage or riding. No going to the gas station. With the range, I am rarely down to half charge.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:31 AM
Default We love ours

Very drivable - especially at low speeds around the golf course. Auto E-brake is great - especially on the golf course. The regenerative braking slows you down nicely so that you do not have to touch the brakes much of the time. No stopping and restarting of the gasoline engine every time you stop. The Villages Golf Cars will let you do extensive test drives, so try them all.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
I have one. EZgo is hardly a budget brand—mine cost $21,000, loaded. They are the top maker of Lithium-ion-powered golf carts. Made in America! Terrific. Silent. Scentless. No water to refill. No battery memory. Go away for the summer and come back and it’s ready to go. The people bad-mouthing them haven’t driven them. Pay no attention to them.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks, you couldn’t of said it better!
Old 09-06-2022, 07:48 AM
Default Lithium

Quote:
We bought an Evolution Lithium Battery Golf Cart from Villages Discount Golf Carts outside of the villages and we LOVE it!
Old 09-06-2022, 07:51 AM

I've got 12k miles on my 2019.
I did have to replace the solenoid, but then again I like to push mine hard with 22" tire's,
which gives me 24+ mph
No brakes (the motor is the brake), no belts, no clutch, no jerking, no smell, and tons of torque.
climbs hills like they're not there. and 1 cent per mile is accurate.
Mine goes an honest 50 miles with those larger tires, but how far do you really ever need or
want to go?
I could go on forever with the accolades.
one draw back, the cost, that's it.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Virgins talking about sex...
May I use this quote?
hilarious and so applicable.
Closed Thread

Tags
lithium, owners, thoughts/opinions, cart, leaning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.