EZ Go RVX VS Club Car Onward

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2021, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default EZ Go RVX VS Club Car Onward

Has anyone done a comparison between these two.
I’ve always been a Club Car guy but I heard the RVX is the way to go with lithium.
I’ve ordered an EZ Go but I really like the way that the Onward looks much better.
I’m starting to have second thoughts.
Opinions from owners of both would be appreciated.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Default Ezgo Elite

We have 2 EzGo Elites which are the best golf carts we ever owned.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

We have both and prefer the Lithium EZGO. Low maintenance, good acceleration, long range.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Villages Golf Carts did not recommend Club Car Lithium

On a recent visit to the villages golf cart center in Brownwood last week looking at Lithium Golf carts the salesman said they don't recommend (or don't carry any them any longer - cant remember which) Club car Lithium carts since the lithium batteries are too small and thus have limited mileages for the Villages. They only recommended EXGo Lithium. Sure wish the price would come down for those batteries.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:27 AM

I believe that the Club Car’s lithium batteries are _significantly_ lower capacity than the max sized batteries on the EZ-GO.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:39 AM

Club cars have 60 AH lithium batteries with 30 mile range. The EZGO sold by The Villages uses 120 AH and gets 60-65 mile range. EZGO also has automatic parking brake, which is really convenient.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:04 PM

I did a lot of research and just ordered the Ezgo RXV Elite with 60 mile range. Club car range is only 30 miles. You may be able to find comparable range with other brands not sold by The Villages, but the resale value and the service within The Villages will be best with the Ezgo. Beware of brands that are assembled in the US from mostly
foreign parts.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
On a recent visit to the villages golf cart center in Brownwood last week looking at Lithium Golf carts the salesman said they don't recommend (or don't carry any them any longer - cant remember which) Club car Lithium carts since the lithium batteries are too small and thus have limited mileages for the Villages. They only recommended EXGo Lithium. Sure wish the price would come down for those batteries.
they just ran add saying they go 60 miles but was told by saleslady they only go 30. Guess they have few so trying to push you to other cart
Old 07-26-2021, 02:47 PM

I have seen comments about problems with EZGo regenerative braking. You may want to look into this to see if it is a real or common problem.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I have seen comments about problems with EZGo regenerative braking. You may want to look into this to see if it is a real or common problem.
I heard that from the Club Car dealer 2 years ago. The problem they mentioned was that sometimes the brakes lock up and the cart is stuck.

My EZGo is 2011 and no issues so far. I haven't read anything in the forum about people here having these problems.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
The EX go uses 120 AH batteries. I know that 180 AH are available. I can't seem to find what Club Car uses.

I don't trust what sales people say. My experience working in sales is that the sales people will try to move the customer to whatever product has the highest profit margin or in many cases whatever product they are getting the most commission or spiffs on.

I had a sales person at one dealership tell me that they got a Club Car in and the batteries died when they drove it from Magnolia Plaza to Brownwood so they don't order Club Car any more. That sounded absolutely absurd to me.

I worked at a golf shop for while that Ping wouldn't open an account for. When customers came in looking for Pings, the owner, manager and all of the sales people would make up absurd stories about how Ping golf clubs were made.

I happened to have been to the Ping factory and knew everything that they said wasn't true.

I worked in another golf shop where sales people worked on commission and spiffs. There were a couple of manufacturers who wouldn't pay commissions or spiffs so customers were always moved away from those clubs.

At another shop at which I worked, the company had special makeup clubs. They would contract with a well known club companies to make clubs that looked like their top of the line products but were missing many features that couldn't be seen. These products were advertised as "Exclusively at ____" . Margin on these products was at 70% and higher so naturally the company encouraged their people to sell these over the real thing. Some of these products weren't even made by the manufacturer. The store simply paid the manufacturer to use their name.

Stores do it all the time. After my experience in those environments, I just don't listen to sales people. I prefer to listen to people like Robbie0723 who have experience with both and who have no ulterior motive.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:16 AM

I haven't found a EZGO 180AH
Closed Thread

Tags
i’ve, onward, car, rvx, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.