ezgo freedom Rxv golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Default ezgo freedom Rxv golf cart

I have a 2011 freedom rxv ezgo golf cart. When you stop, it locks up( will not move). By aggressively rocking it the cart will unlock. It happens more and more often. I feel the next time it will not un lock. Can anyone help ????
al shields
Old 07-17-2015, 12:04 PM

Al is your cart elec. Or gas? Ok if elec. The brake locks itself when you stop you do not have to press on the left corner to set brake it is self lock@braking. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:13 PM

Hi, I have been running electric Rxv for four years. I know it self locks. As of late it will not unlock when you step on the gas pedal. Has anyone encountered this and know how to fix it.
Thanks,
Al
Old 07-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

I have a 2010 EZGO RXV Electric. Reading your post, did you try flipping the switch from "Run" to "Tow" and back to Run? That may help. The switch is located under the passenger side seat. Maybe that will re-set the auto-brake lock system.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
I have a 2010 EZGO RXV Electric. Reading your post, did you try flipping the switch from "Run" to "Tow" and back to Run? That may help. The switch is located under the passenger side seat. Maybe that will re-set the auto-brake lock system.
Hi,
Thanks
I did try the run-tow switch, did not help. Rocking the cart seemed to help but may not continue to work. It seems to have a problem that needs fixing. I wonder if anyone has had and solved this problem ???
Al
Old 07-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

I also have a 2010 EzGo RXV. Last August my cart seemed fine but a block from home it died in the middle of the street. The batteries did not have a sufficient charge to release the armature, and Tow mode didn't work either. It was completely immobile. A Good Samaritan had a car jack on wheels and was able to lift the rear wheels up and we were able to push it into the driveway. After we replaced the batteries the cart was fine again. The lights worked but that's all.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, ezgo, rxv, freedom, golf, feel, lock, shields, time, stop, locks, rocking, unlock, aggressively, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.