Five Star Golf Cart Services; A Great Club Car Tech

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default Five Star Golf Cart Services; A Great Club Car Tech

I mentioned in another post that I use an excellent mechanic who specializes in Club Cars and have received several requests for info and thought I would just give this great guy a shout out in this forum.

a couple of years ago I purchased a used Club Car from a retired golf cart mechanic who lives in TV and he recommended Five Star Golf Services when I asked him for a referral for future services needs.

When this well groomed young man showed up at my home in his meticulously clean and organized vehicle and shop trailer with his big smile, I couldn't help being impressed. He was a former tech for Golf Cart Connection, when they primarily sold rebuilt and refurbished Club Cars and branched out on his own a couple of years ago.

He found the one problem I was having with this cart and fixed it and gave me a very thorough bumper to bumper service including the batteries, brakes (servicing and cleaning and reassembling them), rear differential, tire rotation, front end alignment check and more.

My neighbor who was told she needed to have new brake drums and brake pads installed on her cart by another mechanic in the area and told him she'd have to think about it, had Shon look at them and he found she just needed a brake servicing and saved her much money and Shon now has a new customer and fan.

I wouldn't use anyone else for my Club Cars.

Five Star Golf Cart Services, LLC
Office: 352-728-2333
Cell: 352-308-6272 (easiest way to get him)
Bshn@embarqmail.com
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have used Shon for the past 2 years....I echo everthing you said . A neighbor was trying to get Service this past month from the Club Car Dealer near the intersecection of 466 and 441, and either they would not show up when promised and never call or just simply never call back to make an appointment for a service call. After thsi poor experience, my neighbor called Shon and with 2 days he came on time and when expected.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 PM

I would also agree that Shon does excellent work.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage

Another happy Shon/5 Star customer here. He has worked on our two electric club carts for several years. Honest, reliable, and knowledgeable.

Highly, highly recommend him for Club Car maintenance,tires or batteries.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

He is a little expensive for batteries for he is a reseller not an authorized dealer of trojans. You can do better with Battery Boys....That said for everything else he is very fair.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM

Neighbor and I both used Shon today. Very professional, appears to do excellent work. Highly recommended.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

I've found that Shon updated his email address to reflect his company's name. His new email is:

FiveStarGCS@gmail.com
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM

I've been down here for a little over 10 years now and have to say that Ken Spano has proven himself time and time again. I have tried using different companies and noone compares to their service. Not to mention their prices are ALWAYS the best.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherNYtransplant View Post
I've been down here for a little over 10 years now and have to say that Ken Spano has proven himself time and time again. I have tried using different companies and noone compares to their service. Not to mention their prices are ALWAYS the best.
Is this Ken or Adam from Spano's? I think you guys are OK also, but you guys have to be more subtle on TOTV, Three threads at once?

Last edited by ajbrown; 03-30-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: put smiley at end
Old 03-30-2011, 02:48 PM

i take offense to your accusation; actually I was going to ask if you had some sort of vested interest in those "five star" guys since you can't seem to post enough about them. However I had a little more cooth than to post on your thread. But hey, thanks for the attention.
FYI (for your records) I just came back down and haven't been on here in a while. The Spano's were fresh in my mind because I just had to call them for Service; and when I started reading what some of the posts on here said I felt compelled to reply. I didn't realize you were the web police Richie? Perhaps you should be golfing instead of scrutinizing?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
i take offense to your accusation; actually I was going to ask if you had some sort of vested interest in those "five star" guys since you can't seem to post enough about them. However I had a little more cooth than to post on your thread. But hey, thanks for the attention.
FYI (for your records) I just came back down and haven't been on here in a while. The Spano's were fresh in my mind because I just had to call them for Service; and when I started reading what some of the posts on here said I felt compelled to reply. I didn't realize you were the web police Richie? Perhaps you should be golfing instead of scrutinizing?
Woah, this is AJbrown who posted that (Alan). I am sorry about that my post was offensive. I thought I was being funny. I use Spano's also. I apologize if I offended you and will be more careful.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 PM

apology accepted. thanks Alan. Sorry I guess I'm still a bit cranky from that road trip! My apologies as well.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage

All better!!

Bill
Old 04-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Default Five star service is the best!!

Just had work done on my 2004 Club Car. As RichieLion stated, Shon is as reliable and honest a guy as you're going to find. He had previously serviced my cart when he was employed by Golf Cart Connection (now defunct) and had done a geat job with it. Glad to see a "go getter" with such entrepreneurial spirit...I highly recommend Shon/Five Star for service on your Club Car! You can reach him at 352-308-6272
Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
apology accepted. thanks Alan. Sorry I guess I'm still a bit cranky from that road trip! My apologies as well.
You know you directed your annoyance at me when it wasn't me who posted anything about you, I hope?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.