Frame Straightener

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Default Frame Straightener

is there anyone who straightens golf cart frames around The Villages?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

Wow, what in the world did you do to bend a golf cart frame? I have a 8 ton puller but I doubt it would handle a golf cart frame. If the frame is actually bent someone will need to find the specifications for straightening the frame. Cars have specific point to measure so that the frame is correctly straightened. I would be surprised if this exists for golf carts. Now if this is say a front wheel that hit something and the mounting brackets for the wheel are bent, then I believe many of the golf cart shops will be able to help, but I also expect this will not be cheap. If the frame is actually bent, I doubt that would be repairable on a cost effective basis.
Good luck with your quest.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Unless it cracked or yawing down the path I wouldn’t fix it. I suspect it’s leaning to one side? If so that maybe suspension problem?
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Wow, what in the world did you do to bend a golf cart frame? I have a 8 ton puller but I doubt it would handle a golf cart frame. If the frame is actually bent someone will need to find the specifications for straightening the frame. Cars have specific point to measure so that the frame is correctly straightened. I would be surprised if this exists for golf carts. Now if this is say a front wheel that hit something and the mounting brackets for the wheel are bent, then I believe many of the golf cart shops will be able to help, but I also expect this will not be cheap. If the frame is actually bent, I doubt that would be repairable on a cost effective basis.
Good luck with your quest.

Naturally if you have somebody repair it it’s going to be lot more, hourly rate and markup on parts. You can order suspension parts online, cast metal ( yamaha’s) usually breaks and mild steal ( club car) Bends.
Closed Thread

Tags
frame, straightener, straightens, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.