front window screen for golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 10:17 AM
Default front window screen for golf cart

There used to be a gentleman on here who made front window screens for golf carts but I can not remember who. I believe his name was Lou but I am not sure. Does anyone know him or of anyone who makes these window screens?
Old 01-26-2020, 03:34 PM

Call Herb. He will make the screen and install it at your house.
Tel 513-703-0550
Old 01-26-2020, 11:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennya929 View Post
Call Herb. He will make the screen and install it at your house.
Tel 513-703-0550
Hmmm, a golf cart screen seems like an interesting idea but begs a few questions. Can the screen be easily removed so you can flip up the windshield in the pouring rain or when it is not bug season and the screen is not needed? Does the screen interfere with ones view, especially at night? Do bugs get caught in the screen and need to be cleaned out frequently to keep the view clean? Does a range finder work when golfing if looking through a screen?

Inquiring minds want to know?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM
Default Golf cart screen - another provider

Tom at 352.561.4749 makes screens for golf carts. He is located in the Villages near Colony Plaza (works out of his home). Takes about 30 min to make a custom sized screen.

The screen is mounted into a frame that fits on your cart. It is removable. The screen smooths the air coming into the cart - by this I mean without the screen, the air blowing into the cart when you are going 20mph is harsh. The screen restricts the air flow resulting in a more comfortable experience.

As for BUGS - yes the bugs get caught in the screen instead of your clothes or hitting you in the face. The cart speed isn't sufficient to smash the bugs, so they typically fly off the screen when you stop. It is amazing how much the screen stops the "bug attack" It is easy to clean the screen - just remove it, hose it off, then put it back on the cart
Closed Thread

Tags
window, screens, front, golf, makes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.