Fuse box for 2018 Gas Streetrod/Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden
Default Fuse box for 2018 Gas Streetrod/Club Car

While driving our Streetrod last night when we turned on the brights the headlights died. I'm sure it's a fuse, but the fuse box panel isn't marked. Does anyone know which fuse is the correct fuse for the headlights on this make/model of cart?
Old 09-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Default Fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4me View Post
While driving our Streetrod last night when we turned on the brights the headlights died. I'm sure it's a fuse, but the fuse box panel isn't marked. Does anyone know which fuse is the correct fuse for the headlights on this make/model of cart?
The fuse panel on my 2013 is behind the driver side speaker. There might also be a fuse on the dimmer switch line.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

You might give a call to the local Streetrod distributor, they should be able to help. If the person that did the modification used the "standard" wiring harness, the fuse may actually be located in the harness, I have seen this several times.
Once you find the fuse, replace with THE SAME RATING fuse, and test the lights again. If the fuse blows, please do not just put in a larger fuse, as you maybe creating a fire hazard. Have someone with the correct equipment check the current draw and wire size then you may be able to use the next size larger fuse.
Remember if a fuse blows there is usually a reason. If you have a problem getting someone to help you, send me a PM. I am a retired electrical engineer and I have the suitable equipment.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden

Thanks. Have appointment with Streetrod in the morning.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuse, headlights, box, marked, panel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.