no, not exactly, pretty much all the time
Old 02-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Old people jokes never go out of style
Old 02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
My wife has an electric cart and loves it. I have a gas cart and I love it. My greatest concern with electric is that I might run out of juice far from home. In fact, I have shaken my head when I've seen electrics "out of juice" along the roads or MMPs. But guess what? Last week both my wife and I forgot to plug her cart in after a busy day covering TV with out-of-town friends. We then drove 10 miles to play golf, golfed 18 holes and then headed back home. We didn't make it. We were then "one of those stuck along the side of an MMP". We called Cart Aide and they were there in 20 minutes, so I and my friend waited, along with our wives for CA to arrive. We chastised ourselves for having been so stupid (which did no good) but it only emphasized to me that *I'm* better off with the greater security of a gas cart.

So that ends my story. Best of luck with your decision. Oh, and BTW, my cart is nearly new and the noise is minimal and I have *never*, do date, had an issue with the smell, and I have a pretty good sniffer (it is also fairly large but still works quite effectively).
Get your wife a digital volt meter for the dash. Nice Valentine's Day gift . You would have known something was up before ever going out that day.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

To each his/her own. We switched to gas after a lifetime of electrics.
With the distances here in TV plus a round or two of golf it will in fact tax some electrics.

The Yamaha EFi is fuel efficient, and exhaust efficient. The noise is relative. The sound proffing helps some.

I don't know what the latest numbers are but not many months ago 7-8 out of 10 carts being purchased are gas. Most trade ins on gas carts are electrics.

All depends on who one is trying to keep happy...how far one travels, etc.

Just make an informed decision and enjoy!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Sage

Has there ever been a discussion or analysis of the added risk of fire (if any) in gas vs electric carts?

Electric carts draw a lot of electricity from circuits that might be dangerous and fumes from batteries that may be volatile.

Gas carts have about five gallons of gas in them.

These are just thoughts that I would love to hear opinions on, I have one gas and one electric cart in my garage.

There were two fires on the prehistoric side last month, wonder if fires are ever determined by the fire department to have been caused by golf carts.

I never leave my electric charger plugged in when away from home, but am thinking of getting battery two minders, 48v for electric cart 12v for gas cart and wonder about the fire implication of leaving them plugged in long term.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Get your wife a digital volt meter for the dash. Nice Valentine's Day gift . You would have known something was up before ever going out that day.
Excellent idea. Thanks for the suggestion. tq
Old 02-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Gas all the way. Make your life easier.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, cart, carts, capability, situations, reducing, noise/smell, smell, wife, purchasing, noise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.