Gas Golf Cart Owners in Fenney, Marsh Bend, Linden etc

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Default Gas Golf Cart Owners in Fenney, Marsh Bend, Linden etc

To the residents who live in southern section of the villages
1. Are there any gas stations close by which are cart accessible? Or do you have to fill up cart with gas can?
2. How do you handle getting a golf cart to a Villages Golf Cart store for regular maintenance or needed repairs?
3. Will the new shopping center be golf cart accessible?
Any response is appreciated.
Marcy
Old 09-21-2019, 03:22 PM

I just moved into McClure and we decided to hold off purchasing a golf cart until there is a bit more accessibility to shopping, recreation, etc. Everglades Rec center is right around the corner - about a mile or so, and Magnolia Plaza right across the street from that. Those two will be big when they are both available early next year.

I expect the bridge over the turnpike to be in around the end of this year, early next year. That will give us access to Brownwood, et al.

So, from what I have seen so far the answer to all that you asked is nope, not yet. If I had to bet, I would say everything will be available before June 2020.

We did consider an Atomic Cart which has a longer range (70 miles) and higher top speed (40?) so could be registered as a LSV and would be allowed on real roads and that would let us get across the turnpike now. We decided to wait for now.

We are in no hurry, we don't Golf (yet) and once everything is in place, we plan to buy a cart and start learning to play.

We knew this before buying and are perfectly happy to wait.

We like new!
Old 09-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I just moved into McClure and we decided to hold off purchasing a golf cart until there is a bit more accessibility to shopping, recreation, etc. Everglades Rec center is right around the corner - about a mile or so, and Magnolia Plaza right across the street from that. Those two will be big when they are both available early next year.

I expect the bridge over the turnpike to be in around the end of this year, early next year. That will give us access to Brownwood, et al.

So, from what I have seen so far the answer to all that you asked is nope, not yet. If I had to bet, I would say everything will be available before June 2020.

We did consider an Atomic Cart which has a longer range (70 miles) and higher top speed (40?) so could be registered as a LSV and would be allowed on real roads and that would let us get across the turnpike now. We decided to wait for now.

We are in no hurry, we don't Golf (yet) and once everything is in place, we plan to buy a cart and start learning to play.

We like new!

You can’t or should I say legally run LSV above 25 MPH and only on roads with 35 MPH speed limit or less.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

We like new!

Can't you buy gasoline at Red Fox/Gray Fox anymore ?
Old 09-21-2019, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
While you're waiting, please check Florida laws.

An LSV is limited to traveling up to 25MPH. It is limited to using streets with a posted speed up to 35MPH.

Has the speed limit for Morse Blvd south of 44 and for Warm Spring Ave been reduced to 35MPH? If not, you won't be able to use an LSV on them.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:30 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Golf car gas is at the Red and Gray fox golf courses. For warranty service they pick up your golf car and bring it back and you can also buy transport insurance for I believe $50 per year that will pick up your golf car if if breaks down and not under warranty. There is also a Villages Golf Car store right on Warm Springs Avenue but not golf cart accessible, I believe they will be moving into the plaza in Marsh Bend when completed.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You can’t or should I say legally run LSV above 25 MPH and only on roads with 35 MPH speed limit or less.
Yup, True that!

My point was that it could be registered and could get over the turnpike now on regular roads, and not have to wait for the bridges.

I would NEVER ( ) suggest that anyone in any kind of golf cart go faster than they should go. We know that doesn't happen - (wink wink, nod, nod)

Frank
Old 09-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

This area is getting so big that there are lots of places you can go with your golf cart besides the golf courses. Rec centers, Fenney bar and grille, Edna's, Riverbed Rec. center, Marsh Bend walking trails, there are lots of miles of golf cart lanes down here as well as the tunnels go get under Warm Springs and 501
Old 09-21-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Can't you buy gasoline at Red Fox/Gray Fox anymore ?
I will have to look, sorry, I was not aware of it.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
This area is getting so big that there are lots of places you can go with your golf cart besides the golf courses. Rec centers, Fenney bar and grille, Edna's, Riverbed Rec. center, Marsh Bend walking trails, there are lots of miles of golf cart lanes down here as well as the tunnels go get under Warm Springs and 501

Yup! And a lot of people are riding them - we just decided to wait.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

///
Old 09-21-2019, 05:59 PM

Gas is available at Red/Gray Fox courses. Village Golf Carts also have a service barn there also. The Magnolia Plaza will is accessibly by golf cart.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Gas is available at Red/Gray Fox courses. Village Golf Carts also have a service barn there also. The Magnolia Plaza will is accessibly by golf cart.
Make sure the gas at Red/gray fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. You would be better off filling up a couple of gas cans at the Villages Golf Cart pumps in either Browmwood, LSL, or SS. All are ethanol free. In the long run your golf cart will thank you. And a couple of 5 gallon cans of gas will last you a very long time in the Villages south until it is connected to the rest of the Villages. And by then, I am sure there will be another Villages Golf Cart facility in the south. Also, there are several excellent golf cart mechanics that will come to your home by appointment to service your cart. We use Todd Casey and have been very happy with his service.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Make sure the gas at Red/Gray Fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. <snip>
This advise is most definitely optional. Pump gas with 10% ethanol is fine to use. Your engine will run fine for many, many miles.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This advise is most definitely optional. Pump gas with 10% ethanol is fine to use. Your engine will run fine for many, many miles.
I agree with the above post if you are a full time Villages resident and use your cart on a daily basis. However, if you are a part time resident and your cart often sits unused for extended periods of time, ethanol can cause big troubles with your fuel delivery system. A good quality fuel stabilizer can reduce the problems caused by ethanol, but is no substitute for using ethanol free gas. Ask any small engine mechanic what is by far their largest source of business and they will tell you it is fixing problems caused by gas containing ethanol. I will never understand the logic of having gas that contains corn (ethanol) when there are so many people starving in this world?
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, gas, villages, accessible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.