Gas Golf Cart Owners in Fenney, Marsh Bend, Linden etc

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Make sure the gas at Red/gray fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. You would be better off filling up a couple of gas cans at the Villages Golf Cart pumps in either Browmwood, LSL, or SS. All are ethanol free. In the long run your golf cart will thank you. And a couple of 5 gallon cans of gas will last you a very long time in the Villages south until it is connected to the rest of the Villages. And by then, I am sure there will be another Villages Golf Cart facility in the south. Also, there are several excellent golf cart mechanics that will come to your home by appointment to service your cart. We use Todd Casey and have been very happy with his service.

That service barn and gas at Red/Gray Fox IS the Village Golf Carts. Why would they supply different gas there than their other facilities??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

After we had owned here for a year as snowbirds, we bought a used gas four seater. That was 13 years ago and the used gas four seater is still running nicely. We have added a new gas two seater so we have seats for the family when they come visit.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:34 AM

Anyone looking for a like new 2016 cart, custom pearl paint and beautiful bucket seats. LED lights Mag wheels. I’m selling this for a friend this is one sharp looking cart. 7300.
720-949-3153
Old 09-22-2019, 07:00 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I always use premium fuel. When I am gone I add stabilizer and fill to the top. Never a problem.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage

Premium fuel with a higher octane won't do any harm but the low compression engines in golf carts run fine on regular fuel at a lower cost. When in doubt, consult the owner's manual for fuel recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I always use premium fuel. When I am gone I add stabilizer and fill to the top. Never a problem.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLID2470 View Post
To the residents who live in southern section of the villages
1. Are there any gas stations close by which are cart accessible? Or do you have to fill up cart with gas can?
2. How do you handle getting a golf cart to a Villages Golf Cart store for regular maintenance or needed repairs?
3. Will the new shopping center be golf cart accessible?
Any response is appreciated.
Marcy
Wow, I read through all 3 pages before replying and nobody actually just answered all 3 of your simple questions in just one reply post.

- The Villages Carts has a temp location set up at the Red Fox/Grey Fox golf courses and they sell gas there and it's full service "golf cart gas". You pull up, they come out and fill your cart up for you and you can pay by cash or card. The only catch is they are only open 9am to 2pm Monday through Friday. I assume, but don't know for sure, that there will be a gas station/convenience store at Magnolia Plaza when it is done.

- The temp location also does some service work. However, they may only service carts purchased from The Villages Carts. If you need to get it to a service location, there are services around that will transport your cart back and forth for a fee. There are also services that will come to your driveway and service your cart for you right there.

- Yes, absolutely, Magnolia Plaza will be golf cart accessible.

Hope that helps
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 PM

Thanks to everyone. Your posts were helpful and much appreciated. After my initial Village visit in July, my first thought was to narrow my search between Lake Sumter and Brownwood. Now I am being more open minded to the new areas. Even though it is on a smaller scale until connectivity is complete, good to know I would be able to get around in a golf cart.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 PM

We drive our golf car regularly over to Marsh Bend from Fenney and the new shopping plaza is accessible. The hours at Red Fox/Gray Fox for gas are a little limited (9-3?). Many golf car retailers will come and get your cart for repairs.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 PM

I was told at the dealer there is a place in fenney to get gas. Forgot the location. Also, they will come and pick up the golf cart
Old 09-28-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrkingriz View Post
I was told at the dealer there is a place in fenney to get gas. Forgot the location. Also, they will come and pick up the golf cart
As stated in several prior replies, you can get gas at the Red and Grey Fox golf courses from 9 to 2, Mon thru Fri. They are also performing some services at that location. I imagine anything that is more routine type of service/repair they would do there and anything more complex may need to go to the shop. The shops can arrange to have your cart picked up and brought back to you. In certain circumstances, there may be a fee for that - for example, if you didn't buy your cart from them.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Default Just curious

How long (in time) of a golf cart ride would anyone think it will be to Brownwood or LSL?

After driving down to Fenny in 2018 it seemed like it took 15 minutes from brownwood in a car?

Seems like Fenny will be a village unto its own but I’m sure everything that is needed will be there.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:47 PM

Fenney is just one village in Southern Oaks. I would suggest judging by the distance to Everglades Rec Center. My guess is it will be 15-20 minutes from Everglades to Paddock Square.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

3.5 to 4.0 mi.

It's 7 mi from where I am in Pine Ridge right now.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Even as a legally registered LSV you can’t travel on any road that is above the 35 mph speed limit. A cart or LSV that is not registered is considered a golf cart and can only travel on golf cart paths or multi modal paths.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, gas, villages, accessible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.