Gas Golf Cart Owners in Fenney, Marsh Bend, Linden etc

Gas Golf Cart Owners in Fenney, Marsh Bend, Linden etc

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Sage

///

Old 09-21-2019, 05:59 PM

Gas is available at Red/Gray Fox courses. Village Golf Carts also have a service barn there also. The Magnolia Plaza will is accessibly by golf cart.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 06:43 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Gas is available at Red/Gray Fox courses. Village Golf Carts also have a service barn there also. The Magnolia Plaza will is accessibly by golf cart.
Make sure the gas at Red/gray fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. You would be better off filling up a couple of gas cans at the Villages Golf Cart pumps in either Browmwood, LSL, or SS. All are ethanol free. In the long run your golf cart will thank you. And a couple of 5 gallon cans of gas will last you a very long time in the Villages south until it is connected to the rest of the Villages. And by then, I am sure there will be another Villages Golf Cart facility in the south. Also, there are several excellent golf cart mechanics that will come to your home by appointment to service your cart. We use Todd Casey and have been very happy with his service.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Make sure the gas at Red/Gray Fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. <snip>
This advise is most definitely optional. Pump gas with 10% ethanol is fine to use. Your engine will run fine for many, many miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to champion6 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This advise is most definitely optional. Pump gas with 10% ethanol is fine to use. Your engine will run fine for many, many miles.
I agree with the above post if you are a full time Villages resident and use your cart on a daily basis. However, if you are a part time resident and your cart often sits unused for extended periods of time, ethanol can cause big troubles with your fuel delivery system. A good quality fuel stabilizer can reduce the problems caused by ethanol, but is no substitute for using ethanol free gas. Ask any small engine mechanic what is by far their largest source of business and they will tell you it is fixing problems caused by gas containing ethanol. I will never understand the logic of having gas that contains corn (ethanol) when there are so many people starving in this world?
Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Make sure the gas at Red/gray fox is ethanol free, otherwise don't use it. You would be better off filling up a couple of gas cans at the Villages Golf Cart pumps in either Browmwood, LSL, or SS. All are ethanol free. In the long run your golf cart will thank you. And a couple of 5 gallon cans of gas will last you a very long time in the Villages south until it is connected to the rest of the Villages. And by then, I am sure there will be another Villages Golf Cart facility in the south. Also, there are several excellent golf cart mechanics that will come to your home by appointment to service your cart. We use Todd Casey and have been very happy with his service.

That service barn and gas at Red/Gray Fox IS the Village Golf Carts. Why would they supply different gas there than their other facilities??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 05:57 AM
Sage

After we had owned here for a year as snowbirds, we bought a used gas four seater. That was 13 years ago and the used gas four seater is still running nicely. We have added a new gas two seater so we have seats for the family when they come visit.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:34 AM

Anyone looking for a like new 2016 cart, custom pearl paint and beautiful bucket seats. LED lights Mag wheels. I’m selling this for a friend this is one sharp looking cart. 7300.
720-949-3153
Old 09-22-2019, 07:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I always use premium fuel. When I am gone I add stabilizer and fill to the top. Never a problem.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

Premium fuel with a higher octane won't do any harm but the low compression engines in golf carts run fine on regular fuel at a lower cost. When in doubt, consult the owner's manual for fuel recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I always use premium fuel. When I am gone I add stabilizer and fill to the top. Never a problem.

Tags
cart, golf, gas, villages, accessible