Gasoline

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2020, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhurtt@twc.com View Post
The more ethanol (corn) in the gas, the more prone to collecting water in the gas. Bad for engine and starting, particularly if cart sits unused for a week or so. Solution? Add correct amount of Stabil to tank. At Walmart and not expensive at all. E-10 Regular octane is fine.
IMO it take more than week or two! If that was case my car would never start?
Old 09-30-2020, 08:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgcetm View Post
I have a 2014 Yamaha that drinks gas from Wall Mart. No Problems.
Where is there Walmart that sells gas around here?
Old 09-30-2020, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Please trade that environment destroyer in and purchased a pollution-free electric vehicle. Please be kind to your fellow Americans, who are suffering raging fires in Ca. , tree farm failures due to pest infestations, crop failures in the Midwest, and increased and stronger hurricanes adversely affecting the Gulf States. Small engine vehicles pollute greatly. Soon Miami and New Orleans will be uninhabitable. Please be kind to YOUR mother - mother nature.

Koolaid sure tastes good don’t it?
Old 09-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Please trade that environment destroyer in and purchased a pollution-free electric vehicle. Please be kind to your fellow Americans, who are suffering raging fires in Ca. , tree farm failures due to pest infestations, crop failures in the Midwest, and increased and stronger hurricanes adversely affecting the Gulf States. Small engine vehicles pollute greatly. Soon Miami and New Orleans will be uninhabitable. Please be kind to YOUR mother - mother nature.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspinmo View Post
where is there walmart that sells gas around here?
466a
Old 09-30-2020, 10:22 PM

The 1st year I got regular, then I switched to premium and the cart definately ran better. I play golf 3 times a week at courses all over the Villages and drive the cart to all doctors appointments and many other things. I fill up the tank about once a month, so the difference between filling up with regular or premium is a couple of bucks a month.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:36 AM

When I asked him that same question, I had a golf cart repair guy with over 30 years experience tell me, "Do you think these big golf courses with huge fleets of carts use that expensive 'recreational gas'? Of course not. They use the cheapest gas they can find. And so should you." So since then I've been a regular kind o'guy.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

When we bought our 2017 Yamaha, we check both The Villages dealership and external, independent dealerships. Every one we talked to said that while Yamaha designs the engines to work with regular unleaded with 10% ethanol, their mechanics all said that exclusively using non-ethanol ("recreational") gas made for significantly fewer issues and longer engine life. If it was just The Villages dealerships saying that, I might suspect that they were pushing cart owners to the gas stations owned by The Villages. But since the same was claimed by outside dealerships who don't own any gas stations, I thought that maybe they had a point. Other than a couple of times when I was running on fumes and could only get to a station that didn't carry recreational gas, I have always filled mine with recreational gas. While it's more expensive, it also seems to me to be less hassle than filling it with regular but keeping a bottle of additive to throw in. I'm also hoping to keep my cart for a long time, so this feels to me like paying a small premium for hopefully getting a longer life.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:31 AM

Where do you find non ethanol fuel in TV except Villages Carts? In Wisconsin most premium fuels are non ethanol but in TV all the gas stations I have been to the premium also contains ethanol. Most modern small engines are designed to be able to use ethanol fuels but you should definitely not store your golf cart with ethanol fuel in it for long periods or your asking for problems with fuel lines, carburetors, and other things besides the engine.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldJ View Post
Where do you find non ethanol fuel in TV except Villages Carts? In Wisconsin most premium fuels are non ethanol but in TV all the gas stations I have been to the premium also contains ethanol. Most modern small engines are designed to be able to use ethanol fuels but you should definitely not store your golf cart with ethanol fuel in it for long periods or your asking for problems with fuel lines, carburetors, and other things besides the engine.
Marathon and Wawa
Old 10-01-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
466a
Thanks, I hardly even venture down there.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey2 View Post
The 1st year I got regular, then I switched to premium and the cart definately ran better. I play golf 3 times a week at courses all over the Villages and drive the cart to all doctors appointments and many other things. I fill up the tank about once a month, so the difference between filling up with regular or premium is a couple of bucks a month.
Higher octane fuel carries more BTUs, so it will be little better, but still elaborate air cooled lawnmower engine and they run just find on 87 octane especially fuel injected engines.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

If you are a full time resident and drive your cart just about every day, any gas will do. If you are a part time resident and your cart will sit for extended periods of time not being driven, absolutely go with ethanol free gas. The very small extra cost of the gas will be well worth it in the long run. Every time I drive my truck to Florida I bring 15 gallons of ethanol free gas back up north, which I can't easily buy up north, for all my seasonal small engine equipment.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, gasoline, ethanol-free, regular, 100%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.