Gasoline

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillagernie View Post
had a ez go for 12 years...used reg gas for about 7,then found out about other...it seemed to run better on the other,,but had no affect on engine...sold it

IMO It ran better cause ethanol reduced the BTU’s ( less power and less MPG). Ethanol free gas is better in anything except TAD’s. But you pay more IMO in glorified lawn mower engine that not working in harsh loaded environments won’t make difference.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage

The energy difference between ethanol free fuel and 10% ethanol fuel is about 3%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO It ran better cause ethanol reduced the BTU’s ( less power and less MPG). Ethanol free gas is better in anything except TAD’s. But you pay more IMO in glorified lawn mower engine that not working in harsh loaded environments won’t make difference.

Last edited by biker1; 09-30-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings-
For a new 2020 Yamaha, do you recommend ethanol-free (100% gas) or regular gas?
Appreciate all your comments.
Regular gas with ethanol plus marine stabilities
Old 09-30-2020, 09:01 AM
Default Golf Cart Fuel

As we several items that use fuel other than the golf carts we use all non-ethanol fuel in everything. I also add a stabilizer to the fuel called Star Tron. We have used it for many years and prefer its performance to Sta-Bil. Since we keep a couple of 5 gal cans full, we can fuel what ever needs fuel from home.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:14 AM

We are seasonal from WI, 6/6 mo's in WI, & T.V. I have been using non-eth. gas in all "smaller engines" for years based on a recommendation from a snowmobile servicing pro. He told me even with Sta-bil, the ethanol in reg. gas will evaporate and thus
the Octane decreases substantially. Found out the hard way when I had used Eth. gas in a chain saw and it died because of the Octane decrease. I have since used non-eth. gas for years and have not had any problems. My G.C. in T.V. seems to run better on
non-eth. gas, than on reg. gas. But if you use your G.C. year round in T.V. regular gas should work. I am willing to pay the little extra
for non-eth. gas to avoid problems, since it is not like filling a car's tank. Others may think differently.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO If EFI won’t make difference. Ethanol-free gas costs lot more IMO not worth it. I would be more concern about oil change schedule. that’s what going to insure the engine will last.
For a new Yamaha EFI, how long should you wait to do the first oil change? What is recommended frequency for subsequent oil changes??
Old 09-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings-
For a new 2020 Yamaha, do you recommend ethanol-free (100% gas) or regular gas?
Appreciate all your comments.
Please trade that environment destroyer in and purchased a pollution-free electric vehicle. Please be kind to your fellow Americans, who are suffering raging fires in Ca. , tree farm failures due to pest infestations, crop failures in the Midwest, and increased and stronger hurricanes adversely affecting the Gulf States. Small engine vehicles pollute greatly. Soon Miami and New Orleans will be uninhabitable. Please be kind to YOUR mother - mother nature.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:06 PM
Sage

Your owner's manual contains the manufacturer's recommendations on maintenance.

Carts and Clubs recommended the first oil change at 1000 miles.

Subsequently, I have been changing the oil every 50 hours; about 1000 miles also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4 View Post
For a new Yamaha EFI, how long should you wait to do the first oil change? What is recommended frequency for subsequent oil changes??
Old 09-30-2020, 01:33 PM

I use ethanol free gasoline per recommendation from the The Villages Golf Carts where I purchased my golf cart. I had previously had bad experience with 10% ethanol gasoline in a weed whacker, chain saw and in our motorcycles. Both the weed whacker and chain saw had been stored with gasoline in them treated with Stabil and in both the fuel lines deteriorated and had to be replaced. For the motorcycles, I found that the gas tanks, which were plastic, had swollen. This wouldn't have been an issue except that the tanks needed to be removed to change the air filters. I did not not note any performance issues but I did see an increase in gas mileage in the motorcycle when I used non ethanol gas.

I buy the non ethanol gas from a WaWa near me as it is much cheaper than buying from The Villages Golf Carts. In my area the wawa is accessible by golf cart. I've seen the gas advertised as boat gas or recreational gas.

It is also important to note that the EPA is finalizing a rule to raise the allowable ethanol percentage to 15%. This will invalidate warranties for many engines including golf carts and motorcycles, many of which state no more than 10%. The AMA (american motorcycle association) has been opposed to this change.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:15 PM

The more ethanol (corn) in the gas, the more prone to collecting water in the gas. Bad for engine and starting, particularly if cart sits unused for a week or so. Solution? Add correct amount of Stabil to tank. At Walmart and not expensive at all. E-10 Regular octane is fine.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:21 PM

I had 27,000 on my 2015 when I traded it in. Used regular gas never a problem.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The energy difference between ethanol free fuel and 10% ethanol fuel is about 3%.

Wel, it’s still less power and less MPG. But, I agree not enough to pay extra price. Some say it costs more than it worth to make ethanol, but it drive up corn prices=and meat products.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

It’s been 10 years since we switched from battery to gas with zero problems using regular gas in our golf carts. Our house watch runs them around a few blocks every other week and occasionally takes one golfing during the summer. We have the oil changed about once a year. Less issues than the battery carts IMHO.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Please trade that environment destroyer in and purchased a pollution-free electric vehicle. Please be kind to your fellow Americans, who are suffering raging fires in Ca. , tree farm failures due to pest infestations, crop failures in the Midwest, and increased and stronger hurricanes adversely affecting the Gulf States. Small engine vehicles pollute greatly. Soon Miami and New Orleans will be uninhabitable. Please be kind to YOUR mother - mother nature.
AND where does a "pollution-free electric vehicle" obtain its power from ???
AND doesn't a golf-cart use much less energy than a regular vehicle ???
Suggestion for you -- throw away all your pot and roofies and stop living in the 1960's
Old 09-30-2020, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4 View Post
It only hold 1 quart. For me and my usages that about twice year. I change it when it turns black and dirty regardless of miles, hours, months. Never had any engine fail from oil related problem, gas goes bad when it sets in tank with temperature fluctuation, ethanol quicker.. If you’re golf cart going to set for 4 months or longer it may be concern. I only use ethanol free gas in my 49CC scooter I don’t ride it that much and it sets a lot. Even then I suck gas out and put in Fresh If don’t use up The 1.3 gallons it takes to fill it up every 6 months.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, gasoline, ethanol-free, regular, 100%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.