Getting Quotes From 6 Dealers: Opinions / Experiences?

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2023, 01:00 PM

How much is a gas 2 seat golf cart going for now days? I’ve had good luck with ezgo carts, the same people that make lycoming aircraft engines.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
I purchased from carts and clubs. Saved about 1,300 from similarly equipped from villages. Just scheduled my 1,000 free oil change. They do the service at my home. I recommend them.
If someone buys an E-cart they don't even need an oil change or gasoline and they have a lower center of gravity that has many advantages. Plus no smelly exhaust. Plus they help the environment and are MORE reliable than gas.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We'll be making a purchase within a week or so. I've already gotten quotes from 2 of these dealers and will continue to make phone calls. We'll move to TV in 5 months and want to have a cart waiting for us.

Below are 6 dealers I found when searching on Yamaha's Dealer Search. Any information good or bad is welcome- Thanks!

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
The 1st and most important decision is electric or gas, which strangely was not even mentioned. I assume that conventional thinking IS overpowering.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:13 PM

I just picked up a new cart from the Villages Golf Cars on Wednesday. I checked out Carts and Clubs and for roughly the exact same cart I could have saved $765. But then I wouldn't have got a loaner for 3 months, the loaner if it goes in for service and the year extended warranty. I'm happy with my decision.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:50 PM

Did you ask for a quote from The Villages Golf Cars. Don’t believe everything you read here. Understand the differences in what you are getting. I’m not sure the order backlog is as bad as it was a year ago.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I only looked at The Village Golf Cart Store and the Villages Discount Golf Cart Store. Both of these I could drive my cart home the day I arrived. The discount store was $3000 cheaper and when I walk in they had one that I loved. A few months later we bought an older cart from The Village Golf Cart Store right off the curb and drove it home that day.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,682 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
You’re overthinking the “problem”. They’re all going to be competitive. Pick one with a good, convenient service department.

Why have you eliminated The Villages Golf Carts from your list? They’re the biggest, most conveniently located, have the biggest inventory, and biggest service department for a reason. You’re making a rookie mistake.

About the only way to save meaningful money buying a cart is to buy one from a dealer quite a distance from The Villages and have it shipped in. But then, there’s that service convenience issue. And stick with one of the three major brands for sure—EZGo, Yamaha or Club Car.

And even though I’m a lifelong electric cart owner myself, The Villages has grown so huge that a stinky, noisy gas cart may be the only reasonable alternative.
I saved more than $2,000 buying from Country Village Power. I consider that "meaningful". Yes it was shipped in, from Webster, Florida, all of 30 minutes. As far as convenience, they come to my door.
No, I do not get a loaner. So far I haven't needed one.

Many like to say "you get what you pay for", and I agree with that. In the case of buying from The Villages Golf Cars. vs. Country Villages Power, what you are paying for is the convenience of buying in The Bubble, and getting a loaner if you need one.
I'm not sure driving a cart to the shop and dropping it off is more convenient than having someone come to my door. I guess that's a matter of personal opinion.

If I were buying a new cart today I would compare TVGC, Clubs and Carts in Ocala, and Country Villages Power. Price wouldn't be my only determinant, but if the dollars compared the way they did 4 years ago when I was buying, I'd still go with Villages Power. They saved me a considerable chunk of money, and their service and follow-up has been excellent. They've given me no reason to complain or be dissatisfied.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,682 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I only looked at The Village Golf Cart Store and the Villages Discount Golf Cart Store. Both of these I could drive my cart home the day I arrived. The discount store was $3000 cheaper and when I walk in they had one that I loved. A few months later we bought an older cart from The Village Golf Cart Store right off the curb and drove it home that day.
Comparing apples and apples, I thought Villages Discount was NOT an authorized dealer, but a seller of refurbished, used Yamahas. I know a buddy of mine bought two refurbished, used Yamahas from them, saved quite a lot of money compared to new carts, and has been quite happy with the carts and the service from them.

He needed two carts, at once, and just couldn't pull the trigger on 2 newbies.
I would have considered a refurbished, but when I was buying, there were no used Quiet-Techs, and I had my heart set on a QT.

Am I wrong about Villages Discount only selling used Yamahas?
Old 02-12-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
What is a rookie mistake? I'm asking if the dealers I listed are reputable based on what people here know, and their experience. Also, the dealers I got quotes from do service the Yamahas they sell. BTW- I AM a rookie so I'm asking here to get educated.
We purchased a new 2 seater Yamaha quiet tec golf cart from Country Village Power Equipment. Great experience and wonderful customer service. So good that 1 year later we purchased a 2nd new Yamaha 4 seater to use when guests visit. IMO both were a much better price than golf cart stores within the villages.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Thanks to all who provided advice and feedback. We bought a new cart from The Villages dealership. One of the other dealers offered a cart almost identical to TV Carts for $1,000 less, but it had small round mirrors and a soft, unattractively colored valance without the option of swapping. So we got exactly what we wanted. To me it is always worth looking around.

Carts and Clubs pushes those mirrors by stating they do it because the bigger mirrors on the outside of the cart get knocked off a lot, which simply isn't true. That being said I bought from Carts and Clubs, and changed the mirrors out myself. I did have issues with my headlights that they wouldn't initially fix under warranty that took a letter to the owner to get fixed.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:11 AM
Default Golf cart rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We bought a 2022 Quiet Tech from Country Village Power in Webster, FL. They are an authorized Yamaha dealer and were a pleasure to work with. I called them from our home up north in late November to see if they had any new quiet techs available in the pipeline. To my surprise they had three in stock, one of which was the color I wanted. Their price was very good so I immediately put down a $500 deposit on it. I originally planned to buy it stripped down and customize it myself, but their quotes on many of the additional add on features was exactly what I would have paid for the parts and the labor was included in the cart set up fee. My only disappointment was that I wanted a clear (non tinted) folding windshield that has the vents on the bottom section and the vented windshield is only available on a tinted windshield. When we arrived in The Villages after Christmas the cart was in the shop being set up, two days later it was ready for us to inspect before delivery. Everything on the cart was perfect and it was delivered the next day to our home in the Villages. They just came to our home a couple days ago to do the initial 30 hour oil change and service, which was complimentary. We saved approximately $3,500 from buying from the Villages and didn’t have a long wait for the cart. We were lucky to get a 2022 since the 2023 model year is identical except for over a $1,000 price increase. They also gave us a 2% price discount for paying with a check instead of a credit card and threw in a few freebies including two extra keys, a floor mat, and hubcaps. We would highly recommend them and definitely use them again. Good luck with your cart search.
On the day of our closing last week we drove down to check out that Country Village Power that I had seen mentioned here in a very positive light, just as part of our "exploration". We enjoyed the sales lady and I was most impressed with the young general manager. The wifey quickly signed off on the price based on the significant difference between it and the other place where we'd looked. 6-8 weeks (going with one already there that required only customization). She needs the adjustable seats for her short legs. No loaner for the interim, but my golf game isn't yet ready for public consumption, anyway. Gonna need to wear that Mickylee place out for awhile. My new "lanai driving range" looks to already be paying off, too, though. :-) Anyway, they'll deliver and come here for service. Seemed to be the type of people that I can do business with.

BTW, saw a cart the other day (I *love* seeing all these pretty carts) that had brightly colored "bag straps". Must have me some. :-)
Old 09-09-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
If someone buys an E-cart they don't even need an oil change or gasoline and they have a lower center of gravity that has many advantages. Plus no smelly exhaust. Plus they help the environment and are MORE reliable than gas.
ok, I'll play along. How does a lithium battery help the environment?
Old 09-09-2023, 10:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Bought a Yesteryear Cart in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired guy View Post
Do you want new or refurbished?
The Villages Golf Cars & Clubs & Carts are Yamaha dealers ( new ) The Villages is the largest in the state if not the country. The others may not be new, only refurbished.
We bought a Yesteryear Cart in 2007 that was built on a refurbished 2003 Club Car frame. Not sure of difference between refurbished and rebuilt. Was gas powered and speed limited to 20 MPH which we never changed. Serviced once per year and use mid range gas. Only maintenance of significance is two tire changes, 1 realignment, replacement of Sunbrella top and seat covers, 2 batteries, two drive belts, and a couple of bushings (steering).

Recent visit to The Villages Golf Cart store showed few carts below $20,000. Back up cameras etc.

Make your own decision based upon your assets and wants.

Best Wishes
Old 09-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
What is a rookie mistake? I'm asking if the dealers I listed are reputable based on what people here know, and their experience. Also, the dealers I got quotes from do service the Yamahas they sell. BTW- I AM a rookie so I'm asking here to get educated.
I am with you. Why pay thousands more for anything if you do not have to? We bought our cart in a store an hour away from the Villages after comparing prices, as you have done. Have no problems getting it fixed locally. If they do not offer a loaner, who cares? I think you can deal without a cart for a short time period. Do not be seduced by salesman tactics. Use your brain when buying. BTW: I have lived here 20+ years. Experience has taught me that nearly everything is more expensive in the bubble. I shop outside the confines as much as possible. Even when eating out, outside of the bubble is better. Go out and explore! It is not necessary to become a Village bubble head. Bubble heads eventually become snooty and miserable. For good reason! Not going beyond the borders is like putting yourself in prison. A nice prison but still a prison. Just my opinion.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 09-10-2023 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawriwwawriw View Post
Just keep in mind, if you don’t buy from the Villages Gulf Cart, you won’t get any service from them. That said, you can always have mechanics that come to your house or you can take it to a repair shop outside the Villages boundaries.
What a screw job, have you ever heard of a auto dealer or a motorcycle dealer or a lawn equipment dealer only servicing the equipment they sell. This shows you the degree of the monopoly they have, and how they have no interest in service in best interests of the community.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, dealers, golf, quotes, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.