Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf car range (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-car-range-36264/)

skyguy79 04-02-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gego3650 (Post 343453)
Mine is a 2009 and never had even a questional range issue. Gas is quiet, dependable and does not put any crap in the air. Everyone I play with has chosen Battery. Gas is for Idiots and there are many of them in The Villages.

If I were crass enough to be labeling others as idiots, I'd be sure of exactly what I typed so as to not make an idiot of myself!

Bill-n-Brillo 04-02-2011 06:02 PM

:duck:

Bill :)

scroll 04-02-2011 06:10 PM

IMHO I think your definition of an idiot could be a little too broad. One mistake does not an idiot make.:boom:

obxgal 04-02-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Mine is a 2009 and never had even a questional range issue. Gas is quiet, dependable and does not put any crap in the air. Everyone I play with has chosen Battery. Gas is for Idiots and there are many of them in The Villages.

Thank you so much for letting me know I am an idiot. As long as they make gas golf carts and gas cars I will continue being an idiot. I refuse to own an electric car or golf cart.

I couldn't imagine wanting to go on a cross country trip and having to find a place to plug in an electic car .. not to mention the time it would take to charge your batteries.

skyguy79 04-02-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scroll (Post 343475)
IMHO I think your definition of an idiot could be a little too broad. One mistake does not an idiot make.:boom:

I would normally agree with you. Normally!

SALYBOW 04-02-2011 07:08 PM

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 343473)
If I were crass enough to be labeling others as idiots, I'd be sure of exactly what I typed so as to not make an idiot of myself!

I agree:agree:

Russ_Boston 04-02-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

After almost 4 years on this forum I have acquired a list of posters to ignore. Add 1 more to the list! How can you post on a Villages forum and call us idiots? That's "questional (sic)"

skyguy79 04-02-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 343490)
After almost 4 years on this forum I have acquired a list of posters to ignore. Add 1 more to the list! How can you post on a Villages forum and call us idiots? That's "questional (sic)"

Good idea! If you read his/her past posts you'll find more than one questionable posts!

l2ridehd 04-03-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 343490)

:clap2::agree:

I wonder if we have the same list?

Challenger 04-03-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

when you can't forward a reasonable argument, insults are the next best thing!-- grow up.

hedoman 04-03-2011 04:40 AM

According to TV Carts 90% of carts sold are gas due to the size of the Villages. That an overwhelming number of Idiots and count me as one of them.

:MOJE_whot:

How can a cheap post like that make it past Tony?

ljones190 04-03-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 332698)
I forgot I had this and I think it is interesting to this thread. It is a range test I did last year using the same cart, a 2002 Club Car DS. One test was done with a battery pack consisting of 6-8 volt batteries in the cart and the second test was done with a pack consisting of 8-6 volt batteries. In each case I ran pack until state of charge was around 48.4 volts (50%).

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...rytestBOTH.jpg

Ajbrown

Do not own a golf car yet but have not formally decided on the dreaded gas versus electric,I keep changing my mind. Great information, thanks for sharing.

skyguy79 04-03-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedoman (Post 343541)
According to TV Carts 90% of carts sold are gas due to the size of the Villages. That an overwhelming number of Idiots and count me as one of them.
:MOJE_whot:

With that many gas golf carts in TV, has there been an idiots club started yet? If so, I think I'll get a gas cart so I can join the club! http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/Induss/crazy.gif

ajbrown 04-03-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljones190 (Post 343551)
Ajbrown

Do not own a golf car yet but have not formally decided on the dreaded gas versus electric,I keep changing my mind. Great information, thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. I hope to redo that test with one year old batteries to see how far they have degraded. You cannot go wrong with Gas or electric as it is really a blast cruising The Villages. Only the people that follow you will notice your choice:1rotfl:

Indy-Guy 04-03-2011 08:02 AM

It just hit me that no one has mentioned which (gas vs electric) is worth more money after 4 years of use. It appears to me that a gas cart holds its value more than an electric. This could be that if someone is getting rid of an electric cart around that time it probably needs new batteries.

I do have a friend who buys and sells used carts in The Villages and he pays more for gas carts than electric because the resale demand leans towards gas.

If you were buying a car one of the first things you look at is resale value.