Golf cart advice

Golf cart advice

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Agree, until it runs out of juice, then the ride is bumpy and louder when getting towed by a gas cart. Already towed two electric carts in 2019. One guy insisted on driving when we paired up for golf, so to be a good sport I went along with it. After 12 holes the cart died! I will never get into someones electric cart again for a round of golf, paying winter rates, I like to finish the round without worries.
I must agree. Dad is constantly worrying about being left on the side of the road. Wants me to make sure he has towing insurance!

Just put 3.8 gallons of gas in my Yamaha at 200 miles. Could of easily gone farther, but then I would be worrying like Dad.

Another electric guy here
Old 04-12-2019, 12:06 PM

Default Another electric guy here

In 8 years here, the only 2 times I couldn't finish a round of golf due to a golf cart failure was when gas carts ran out of gas!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 AM

Electric is quieter than gas, even quieter than a Yamaha Quiet-Tech. However, if it "has to be gas", I'd recommend the Yamaha Quiet-Tech. If Dad wants a brand new one, and doesn't mind spending a bit more for the convenience of staying inside the bubble, I'd also recommend The Villages Golf Carts. They make it as easy and convenient as possible, but he will pay more.
If you go out of TV, there are a few places that sell "reconditioned" carts. I have heard good and bad things about this experience, but everyone I know personally who has done this has been satisfied.
Most of the places outside of TV will come to your house in TV to pick it up if they need to service it in the shop, but most of the time they can service it at your house.
If you want to minimize your own hassle quotient, and Dad doesn't need to pinch the penny, go to The Villages Golf Carts.

Tags
golf, back, cart, purchased, issues