Golf cart advice

Golf cart advice

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-29-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We own a 2014 gas Yamaha and a 2015 gas Club Car. We have never had a single problem with the Yamaha, but have had several issues with the Club Car. They are both very nice carts to drive, but for reliability I would definitely go with the Yamaha. Other difference I have noticed is the Yamaha has more room, which only matters if you are taller like I am. My wife is short and can reach the pedals easier in the Club Car. The Yamaha also runs quiter. The steering is much tighter on the Club Car and doesen't float a little like the Yamaha. If we could only have one cart I would definitely go with the Yamaha. I can't justify getting a new cart since we have two relatively new carts already, but someday I want one of the newer Yamaha quiet- tech gas carts. A friend has one and it is a pleasure to ride in. The quiet-tech eliminates the main advantage of owning an electric cart, the noise difference between gas and electric.
Thank you

Old 01-08-2019, 01:30 PM

See Scott Prince at Grandma and Grandpa’s Buggies, this guy is a super dealer and down to earth.

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home
Old 01-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Any time I hear a golf car has that many issues, Its mechanic related. You find the right shop and you don't have the issues. No way a new cart like that needed 1500 bucks worth of work.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
We did not purchase our golf cart from Villages golf carts.
In the recent past we were using them for service.

I believe it has been sold or is under new management AND THEY NO LONGER WILL GIVE APPOINTMENTS TO PEOPLE WHO DID NOT BUY FROM THEM.

As to clutches and belts. We also have a 2015 fuel injected Yamaha. NOT AN EXPERT-we were impressed with Villages Golf Cart that a year after we bought the cart-from another dealer, they replaced the drive belt at n/c under warranty. Seems Yamaha used some incorrect belts.
The replacement is wider.

Unfortunately, I am being forced to find another place to get my cart serviced and would appreciate suggestions.
actually, they are required (as are all dealers of new equipment) to service any cart under warranty regardless of where it was bought.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
Any time I hear a golf car has that many issues, Its mechanic related. You find the right shop and you don't have the issues. No way a new cart like that needed 1500 bucks worth of work.

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well to be honest, let me see, it is a Yamaha, Right?

Old 01-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
actually, they are required (as are all dealers of new equipment) to service any cart under warranty regardless of where it was bought.
But do not expect to be placed ahead of the people who bought their cart there.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Golf carts are covered under the lemon law. You can find the info on the internet. We had a golf cart from the Villages golf cart that was a lemon and they honored the lemon law.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The quiet-tech eliminates the main advantage of owning an electric cart, the noise difference between gas and electric.
In my opinion, there is still nothing quieter than an electric cart. The ride is smoother also in an electric cart. Sis owns a Yamaha quiet tech and it can't compare to the ride quality and quietness of our Yamaha electric cart.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:37 PM

I came down in December and got Dad a substantial discount on a Yamaha, not club car, that he is very happy with. He's happy so I'm happy.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
In my opinion, there is still nothing quieter than an electric cart. The ride is smoother also in an electric cart. Sis owns a Yamaha quiet tech and it can't compare to the ride quality and quietness of our Yamaha electric cart.
Agree, until it runs out of juice, then the ride is bumpy and louder when getting towed by a gas cart. Already towed two electric carts in 2019. One guy insisted on driving when we paired up for golf, so to be a good sport I went along with it. After 12 holes the cart died! I will never get into someones electric cart again for a round of golf, paying winter rates, I like to finish the round without worries.

Tags
golf, back, cart, purchased, issues