Golf cart advice

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
actually, they are required (as are all dealers of new equipment) to service any cart under warranty regardless of where it was bought.
But do not expect to be placed ahead of the people who bought their cart there.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Golf carts are covered under the lemon law. You can find the info on the internet. We had a golf cart from the Villages golf cart that was a lemon and they honored the lemon law.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The quiet-tech eliminates the main advantage of owning an electric cart, the noise difference between gas and electric.
In my opinion, there is still nothing quieter than an electric cart. The ride is smoother also in an electric cart. Sis owns a Yamaha quiet tech and it can't compare to the ride quality and quietness of our Yamaha electric cart.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:37 PM

I came down in December and got Dad a substantial discount on a Yamaha, not club car, that he is very happy with. He's happy so I'm happy.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
In my opinion, there is still nothing quieter than an electric cart. The ride is smoother also in an electric cart. Sis owns a Yamaha quiet tech and it can't compare to the ride quality and quietness of our Yamaha electric cart.
Agree, until it runs out of juice, then the ride is bumpy and louder when getting towed by a gas cart. Already towed two electric carts in 2019. One guy insisted on driving when we paired up for golf, so to be a good sport I went along with it. After 12 holes the cart died! I will never get into someones electric cart again for a round of golf, paying winter rates, I like to finish the round without worries.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Agree, until it runs out of juice, then the ride is bumpy and louder when getting towed by a gas cart. Already towed two electric carts in 2019. One guy insisted on driving when we paired up for golf, so to be a good sport I went along with it. After 12 holes the cart died! I will never get into someones electric cart again for a round of golf, paying winter rates, I like to finish the round without worries.
I must agree. Dad is constantly worrying about being left on the side of the road. Wants me to make sure he has towing insurance!

Just put 3.8 gallons of gas in my Yamaha at 200 miles. Could of easily gone farther, but then I would be worrying like Dad.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Default Another electric guy here

In 8 years here, the only 2 times I couldn't finish a round of golf due to a golf cart failure was when gas carts ran out of gas!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

Electric is quieter than gas, even quieter than a Yamaha Quiet-Tech. However, if it "has to be gas", I'd recommend the Yamaha Quiet-Tech. If Dad wants a brand new one, and doesn't mind spending a bit more for the convenience of staying inside the bubble, I'd also recommend The Villages Golf Carts. They make it as easy and convenient as possible, but he will pay more.
If you go out of TV, there are a few places that sell "reconditioned" carts. I have heard good and bad things about this experience, but everyone I know personally who has done this has been satisfied.
Most of the places outside of TV will come to your house in TV to pick it up if they need to service it in the shop, but most of the time they can service it at your house.
If you want to minimize your own hassle quotient, and Dad doesn't need to pinch the penny, go to The Villages Golf Carts.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, back, cart, purchased, issues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.