Golf Cart Battery

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2020, 10:05 AM
Default Golf Cart Battery

Has anyone bought a golf cart battery from any of the Villages Golf Cart Stores and can tell me how long has the battery has lasted? I know they give a 1 year warranty , but I am curious to know how long do they last on moderate wear and tear of approximately 100 miles a month?
Old 08-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

If you are talking about a GAS cart, the battery is the same as a car battery, and these come with 1, 2, and 3 year warranties, so I guess it depends on which quality battery you bought. Our first used GC, had the same battery for several years, I never changed it. Also, if the cart is actually used for golfing (lots of starts and stops) this may have an effect on the life of the battery.
If you have to replace the battery, note how it is installed (where the positive post is located), and take the battery to your favorite automotive supply store. They will credit you for the core charge and you will get a physically matching battery to install.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you are talking about a GAS cart, the battery is the same as a car battery, and these come with 1, 2, and 3 year warranties, so I guess it depends on which quality battery you bought. Our first used GC, had the same battery for several years, I never changed it. Also, if the cart is actually used for golfing (lots of starts and stops) this may have an effect on the life of the battery.
If you have to replace the battery, note how it is installed (where the positive post is located), and take the battery to your favorite automotive supply store. They will credit you for the core charge and you will get a physically matching battery to install.
Hope this helps.
Good information as usual. I would add that if you are not a full time resident, put your battery on a trickle charger when you are not there and it will buy you significantly more battery life. Our 6 year old cart just got a new battery and our 4 year old carts battery is still running strong for now.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:14 AM

If you are talking about an electric cart, they need to be replaced every three years. I did lots of research into electric carts when I first got here. Eventually I got a gas cart. As others have posted for a gas cart it like a car battery. I do use a trickle charger for this battery when up north.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,444 Posts

Gas cart I measure the compartment and put the biggest CCA battery I can get in the battery compartment. More lead plates the longer it lasts IMO. Usually any gas cart battery will last 4 plus years. You can tell when it’s going dead the lights dim when cranking and it sounds different cause it cranking slower.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 08-26-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Our 2013 gas model has the original battery still in it. It still tests fine on the meter.

Old 08-22-2020, 08:04 AM
Gold member

Go to Pep Boys on 42 up north. They will test it for free. They have 25% off batteries now.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, battery, cart, long, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.