New "battery" technology for electric vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM
SNOK
Default New "battery" technology for electric vehicles

I had occasion to look at a Zenn electric car last week while it was on display at a seminar I was attending. While it was, IMHO, just another small electric LSV having limited utility, in doing further research on it, I discovered that Zenn has an investment in a privately held company in Texas that has apparently developed a new technology (not really a "battery" as we know it, but similar) that may revolutionize the power source for electric vehicles and other devices. It apparently will result in a significantly increased range and very quick recharging time for electric automobiles. If it actually produces the results claimed, it will go a long way in overcoming the current objections to electric vehicles (short range, slow speed, and long recharge time). It will also have applications in many products other than vehicles, including golf carts. It apparently is fully technically developed, and the company (EEstor) reportedly is in the process of building commercial production facilities. I found that there is a lot of information available on the company. Here is the web site that explains it. http://www.eestor.biz/. While I know a lot of promising battery technology has been discussed and never really produced, this looks like a break through that could be a transforming technology. If any of you are familiar with this company and technology, I would be interested in your views. Not only would I be interested in products that may ultimately use the technology, but it might be worth considering should investment opportunities become available.

I am only an interested potential consumer and have no connection at all to the company. I am also imagining the substantial improvement in electric golf carts should this new technology be for real.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 PM

As of today. Zenn is still waiting on the delivery of the technology from
EEstor.

Zenn stuck in neutral, awaits electric car battery
Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:06pm EDT

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-G...58L60T20090922
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM

Way to early to get excited about any of this new technology. Golf carts will be the last in line to get any new technology. We will all be dead and gone before it happens. Don't me wrong. I am a positive person but really now, think about it. Is reality setting in?? We will be in the fossil fuel for many years/decades to come and then some. Us ol'fossils won't be here to enjoy it
Old 09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default The politicians and those in the fossil fuel business

will not let this type revolutionary technology happen any sooner than they can get their hands on it first.

However, it is not a matter of whether something like this will come along or not....only a matter of when.

Now if only there were a bail out program for inventors!!!!!!

btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.