Golf Cart Black Top

Golf Cart Black Top

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Golf Cart Black Top
Old 06-30-2019, 07:55 AM

Default Golf Cart Black Top

I'm ready to order my golf cart and with the colors I picked, I think a black top would look good. Will a black top make it warmer in the cart?

Last edited by Joeint; 06-30-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

yes
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage

I've had a black top on my 2011 Yamaha since I bought it new. The cart is open to the outside, so with a black top the only difference will be the look it will give you. My neighbor and I alternate driving each week to play golf, his feels no difference with his cream colored roof.

The biggest difference is putting the top half of the windshield down when moving, creates a nice breeze. I also rode once with a fellow who had a 12" fan located in the ceiling just above your head, that was nice but they all seem too expensive. My neighbor has slots in his windshield and my cart doesn't and I just noticed those on Friday on the way home, I had to put my hand in front of the slot to see if any air was coming through. The only real way to beat the heat is to buy an air conditioned Atomic Cool Kartz. There is a dealer in Wildwood just past Sparr Home Center on 44. They have a couple of different models, I think they run from $9,000 to $15,000 new and you'll see one for sale on here about every couple of months.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

Our cart has a black top and I do not think it is hotter than the light top carts.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
I'm ready to order my golf cart and with the colors I picked, I think a black top would look good. Will a black top make it warmer in the cart?
In a similar vein, I wondered about having heat barrier put in the attic, but decided that the saving in air con in the summer would be offset by the additional heating needed in the winter

If your cart has doors then it will get hotter, but I doubt you'd notice the difference if it is doorless
Old 06-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

I suggest that you go to a country club golf cart parking lot and find a cart with a black top and put your hand on the top and bottom of the roof. Odds are the cart next to it won't be painted use the hands on test on each at the same time. You can be the judge.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Our black cart with top was no different In warmth in summer, and definitely did not keep any added heat on a sunny day in January. We like the painted top on our carts.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
More important to choose a light color for the seats - they can get VERY hot in the summer!
Old 06-30-2019, 08:11 PM

Location: We are now here in Pine Hills, recently arrived from Alaska!

Let’s think about this... we all know that black seats get much hotter in the sun than white, weather they are in a closed car or convertible, so why is there a question about a black roof not getting hotter than a light colored roof? ... but I agree with a prior posting completely, that to prove it to yourself, go to the dealer and check out two that are both parked outside, side-by-side in the sun.

PS - please don’t burn your hand proving it to yourself. (I am in no way making fun here, just offering a prudent warning)

Now, can we get back to talking about not walking your pet on the asphalt during the hot days??? (That IS in jest!)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Get the black top if the color fits better with the scheme of your golf cart. As long as you enjoy driving with the windshield flipped down on warmer days it won't make any difference. My wife and I don't agree with driving with the windshield flipped down because it messes up her hair. Me on the other hand, what hair am I going to mess up???

Tags
black, top, cart, good, warmer