Golf Cart Dealer Invoice

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2021, 07:03 PM
Default Golf Cart Dealer Invoice

We may be buying a home in The Villages soon. As part of that, I'm researching the prices and dealerships of Golf Carts.
I know of many websites that will provide the dealer invoice prices of cars & trucks, but for the life of me I have not been able to find a single website (or forum) that gives dealer invoice prices on any of the golf cart manufacturers! On most of the dealer websites, all that they show is the MSRP, and sometimes they don't even show that........they just say "Contact us for pricing".
Do any of you have this sort of info, or know where to get it? It certainly would be useful to know what the lowest price is that the dealer would accept for a golf cart.
Or am I just being silly?
P.S. I'm seriously considering an E-Z-GO Freedom Elite 4.2.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Dealer invoices are totally worthless. They don't tell you how much the dealer actually paid for the car (or cart). If a car dealer hands me an invoice, I hand it back to them without even looking at it.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

From my experience the price you see is the price you pay. The closer the dealer the higher the price. Certain dealers can sell new while others cannot. Yamaha Gas is the most popular. Gas if you plan to travel, electric if not going far.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:41 PM
Default Golf Cart Dealer Invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Dealer invoices are totally worthless. They don't tell you how much the dealer actually paid for the car (or cart). If a car dealer hands me an invoice, I hand it back to them without even looking at it.
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. By 'invoice' I didn't mean the sticker that they put on the cart (or car), I meant the actual dealer cost (that they don't post)!
Old 04-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. By 'invoice' I didn't mean the sticker that they put on the cart (or car), I meant the actual dealer cost (that they don't post)!
You & 6 are talking the same thing.
Dealer Invoice is not their actual cost.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
I know. But, the dealer invoice is a sales gimmick. You will never be able to determine what the dealer actually paid because of the complex sales and incentive arrangements between the dealer and the manufacturer. They are top secret.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
We may be buying a home in The Villages soon. As part of that, I'm researching the prices and dealerships of Golf Carts.
I know of many websites that will provide the dealer invoice prices of cars & trucks, but for the life of me I have not been able to find a single website (or forum) that gives dealer invoice prices on any of the golf cart manufacturers! On most of the dealer websites, all that they show is the MSRP, and sometimes they don't even show that........they just say "Contact us for pricing".
Do any of you have this sort of info, or know where to get it? It certainly would be useful to know what the lowest price is that the dealer would accept for a golf cart.
Or am I just being silly?
Even if you knew the dealer’s cost, that is not much help because so many things are added to the cart to make it “Village ready.”

Typically dealer-added items include a windshield, side curtains, upgraded seats, turn signals, speedometer, gas gauge, fancy LED lights, hat shelf, dashboard, and more. Don’t forget custom paint.

You can make your cart as fancy or as plain as you want, or can afford.

We left Mukwonago for the Villages in 2012. Best decision ever.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

based on my experience you will pay much more in TV. Figure on paying close to twice what the dealer paid after they do the "village" add ons.
I bought my cart in Gadsden, AL and towed it here on my trailer. I bought a Yamaha Drive 2 PTV and did the "village" upgrades myself; including very nice El Tigre seats. I ended up paying about $4K less than the same cart in TV dealerships.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-15-2021, 04:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs up EzGo Elite

We have 2 and love them. 50+ miles on a charge.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

There is so much customization the dealer adds (even paint) - that the invoice doesn’t add value to the buyer. Plus, delivery times are around 3 to 4 months, there’s not much negotiation on price (which is why I assume you want invoice)
Old 04-15-2021, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

Your first step is to know what is needed to drive it in The villages IE the correct tires etc then go shopping online because they are all profit mongers here. Consider used as you get a good discount also as is always somebody dying everyday and a golf cart in the garage
Old 04-15-2021, 05:22 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
We may be buying a home in The Villages soon.
First, welcome to The Villages. You will be glad to leave that cold behind.
If you get the E-Z-GO be sure to get Lithium batteries. You will be using your golf cart more than you think you will.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:45 AM

If you buy outside florida make sure you are getting a PTV and not a golf cart. They are geared very differently. PTV are designed for 20 mph. Golf carts are geared for 12 mph.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:58 AM

I bought my new 2021 at Ckubs and Carts in Ocala. The Villages Golf Carts was over 2k more and Carts and Clubs Carts are so much better they do the little things that TV Carts doesn't..Awesome Service when I needed service they
came to my house the next day..
Old 04-15-2021, 06:07 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidk716 View Post
I bought my new 2021 at Ckubs and Carts in Ocala. The Villages Golf Carts was over 2k more and Carts and Clubs Carts are so much better they do the little things that TV Carts doesn't..Awesome Service when I needed service they
came to my house the next day..
Clubs and Carts has been recommended to me by a few people...
Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, golf, cart, invoice, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.