Golf cart enclosures

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Default Golf cart enclosures

Hi, am interested in finding out about sliding enclosures to put on my cart.
Any suggestions. Would like sliding doors that can stay partially open or fully open when driving. Thanks
Old 02-15-2015, 12:06 PM

Also shopping for sliding enclosures, I noted that there are no easy solutions. The Curtis,comes only in white, tan, or black has a nasty metal side flange that can gouge your hip when you get in and our of your cart. Slickline-more expensive,much heavier,sticks when you slide it.
Very frustrating.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:40 PM

I have the curtis cab in black and I love it.I always hated those roll down plastic curtains.Its nice now to keep you warm on those chilly mornings.And its nice when it down pours to stay dry.The one down side for me is the weight.Having an electric cart weight is always an issue.I`ve never gouged myself yet!!!but I see your point on how you could.I know for sure I will never have a cart with the roll down plastic curtains again.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Gold member

We have a Curtis Cab and love it. We have never been gouged though. We wouldn't own the curtain either.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,608 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We bought an older Yamaha front facing four seater in good condition and had it fitted with the zippered enclosures and they work very well keeping out rain and cold. The Villages Golf Cart Store had it done and also had our seat covers and valance replaced. It works like a charm, is cozy on these cold days, and doesn't look or act bunglesome. It cost us right around a thousand dollars for the longer chassis.

There are far fewer coldish days than really hot ones, and making it all stow away is a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_5360.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	47709  

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-16-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Default Look at this enclosure

Golf Cart Enclosures and Covers for the USA UK and Ireland

The link takes you to the website for the enclosure company. There may be a local company that will order and install for.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.