Golf Cart Hades

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Gold member
Default Golf Cart Hades

I have fallen into the vortex of Golf Cart Hades. Despite my wifes advice I took our cart back to the sorry dealer we bought it from for the 4th time while we were visiting up North a few weeks ago. While we were in the airport we were fighting with them on the phone over a warrenty issue. Well, after we returned from our trip our cart had MORE problems than before we took it in for the 4th time. It is an electric '05 Club Car Precedent...."reconditioned" One thing it had done well was go pretty fast and far because we had upgraded to a "high speed motor" when we bought it. I was pleased with the speed and range, in fact, that's the reason I persisted with trying to get the other problems fixed right. Well, when we got back and took our cart out it had NO speed. At 1st I thought I thought it was the cold weather affecting the batteries. For some reason our cart had lost all of its speed. Then we ran out of juice after a trip to Glenview and a round of golf (from Duval). We used to be able to go to Lopez, golf 18, then cruise to Spanish Sprngs and still get back to Duval with no problem. This all occurred AFTER we had it back in the shop for a completely unrelated front end "warrenty" problem. So, besides venting to blow off some steam ...:

1) who is good at coming to the home and working on carts? I need someone to tell me what in the world they did to my motor?

2) anyone have any ideas...?

3) Lesson learned... I would only buy from The Villages carts.

I don't want to mention the name of the dealer at this point.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Default marantho

Hi shofer,

Sounds like KH to me...I recall they had your cart for over two weeks back in Aug.

We had big problems with them as well, we finally refused to pay a bill so they took our warranty away...this seems to be the way they operate...I'm trying to find some way to call attention to this unscrupulous dealer...he has many complaints against him but he keeps on going...try Ken Spano or go to the "Golf Cart Repair"thread...there are some other names and numbers for cart repair at your house.

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marantho View Post
Hi shofer,

Sounds like KH to me...I recall they had your cart for over two weeks back in Aug.

We had big problems with them as well, we finally refused to pay a bill so they took our warranty away...this seems to be the way they operate...I'm trying to find some way to call attention to this unscrupulous dealer...he has many complaints against him but he keeps on going...try Ken Spano or go to the "Golf Cart Repair"thread...there are some other names and numbers for cart repair at your house.

Good luck!
you must be psychic... or an excellent guesser. The worst part of the story I forgot to mention... I've only had the cart since June of this year. I just learned the motor warrenty is 2 years. Now what????
Old 11-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Platinum member

For those of us who don't get it yet, what might K H be?
Let's play a little game: K....H.... sounds like:
It might be located somewhere near:
etc.
thanx for your public service
Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM

I can tell you a nightmare story about K& H and how my friend got a total refund if you email me. They are a very shady company.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 PM

First...to rshoffer, we've only had our cart from KH since the end of May...our two year warranty was revoked when we wouldn't pay for a repair that had just been done for the second time...that happened last week!!!

Second...to ijusluvit...not trying to play a game here, KH Golfcarts is the name of the company...the owner is Ken Hicks, hence the name...they are located next to the bank on 441/27 across from the old Albertson(now Publix) shopping center...just opposite Denny's...stay away from this guy...check the golf cart repair thread further down this list...just put the name KH Golf carts in Google and you'll see some other complaints plus their website where you'll think you're reading about God himself!!!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Smile Cart Cart Hades

I constantly hear about bad cart dealers...when I moved here, I asked around and was directed to Masters Golf Cars on 441 across from the Markets of Marion. I bought a Club Car electric and had great service. I decided to trade it in on a gas model last year. The cart would not start after a rather long trip. They came and picked it up...twice. The owner was so embrassed that he said if he could'nt find the problem he would build me a completely new cart. The probem as a loose ground wire. It was fixed and he told me he has never saw that problem coming from the supplier before. Ned, the owner, said my service is free the next time I need it. He said his reputation valuable to him and the basis of his business...and I agree. Too bad there are aren't more people out there like Ned..
Old 11-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxradio View Post
I constantly hear about bad cart dealers...when I moved here, I asked around and was directed to Masters Golf Cars on 441 across from the Markets of Marion. I bought a Club Car electric and had great service. I decided to trade it in on a gas model last year. The cart would not start after a rather long trip. They came and picked it up...twice. The owner was so embrassed that he said if he could'nt find the problem he would build me a completely new cart. The probem as a loose ground wire. It was fixed and he told me he has never saw that problem coming from the supplier before. Ned, the owner, said my service is free the next time I need it. He said his reputation valuable to him and the basis of his business...and I agree. Too bad there are aren't more people out there like Ned..
How come you switched from electric to gas?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:02 PM

I've been recommended to Sta Rite Golf Carts 326-3100 by my neighbor. They pick up and deliver. I'm having them look at a sluggish cart issue I have.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Modified Golf Carts

Please also be careful when you buy from dealers who do not have a direct contract witht he manufacture. Do not buy a golf cart that has been modified to go over 20 miles per hour. It is not against the law to sell a modified golf cart, but it is against the law to operate one in The Villages. If you get stopped by law enforcement it can be very expensive.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:27 PM

RE: electric to gas question from rshoffer. I had the electric long enough to need new batteries. I liked the idea of having to use the cart at any time without worrying if I could get to 466A and back and who charged it last. The gas cart runs well and I like caring for cars, lawnmowers & GAS Carts.....anything with a gas engine.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.