Golf Cart headlight at night

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2021, 08:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post
I've seen small LED bars mounted on the front of yamaha's below the fiberglass body. Look like they are mounted to the top of the black hump in front (muffler cover?). They seem to help light up the road and the boarders and not be blinding to others. Sure would like to know the brand and model of those lights.
The LED turn signal lights from The Villages Golf Cart on my new EZgo are amazing. Big arrows front and back on the side mirrors and lots of blinking yellow lights along the sides. I wish my car had turn lights so visible. When driving a golf cart around here at night, apart from the headlights, being seen by drivers is crucial.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
Get replacement units for the factory fender installed ones.
We love ours.
Amazon.com
My cart has already been updated to LED lights.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Default Here's a bright idea!

Go on Amazon and look for "LED golf cart light kits." They run around $100 or so, and include tail lights/brake lights and turn signals as well as headlights that will fit your cart perfectly. Then go to the fellow who installed mine: Eric at Cart Clinic (352) 361-1019. He's fast, friendly and reasonable, and he can fix anything on any cart - probably right at your house.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post
If they are directed toward the ground 10 - 15 feet out how does that blind on-coming traffic? Or are you referring to those that have them pointed straight ahead trying to light up everything in their path?

I know there have been times that I wished the headlights also lit up more of the sides of the road.
It's called radiant light
Old 11-23-2021, 12:50 PM
Platinum member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
Get replacement units for the factory fender installed ones.
We love ours.
Amazon.com
Yep. I installed these on my cart. Along with fog type driving lights which REALLY light up the cart paths.
img_2709-jpg
Old 11-23-2021, 01:32 PM
Platinum member

Add any type of additional lights you want. Just make sure they are aimed properly so oncoming drivers are not blinded. The other night we were driving down El Camino and was blinded by a golf cart and an oncoming car at the same time. Thank goodness district 2 cares enough to put stripes down the middle of the MMP.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:38 PM

Your request is understandable. Many Carts come this way. HOWEVER, there seems to be many, many, thoughtless folks installing exceedingly brrillant, mis-aimed addtitions to their Carts, blinding oncoming traffic. Just the other day I was blinded while on the roadway, by a cart two lux under starring at the Sun. I despise any regulations, but let's get Real With your needs to see a thousand yards ahead. Afterall, The VI'll ages have worked hard to reflective outline MMPS.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:53 PM

You may try adjusting the stock headlights, it requires a small phillip's screwdriver. The adjustment screw is located in the center of the headlight assembly. Make sure the front tires are turned to allow easier access.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
My 2011 Yamaha's headlights throw a narrow beam about 20 ft directly ahead which is inadequate for safe use. Because I cannot see the road border on the right, I do not use it at night. What can be done to broaden and extend the beam? and where can this be done?
Yes, add the locomotive led lights that blind everybody coming at you, even vehicles on road adjacent to cart path.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyaljac View Post
Your request is understandable. Many Carts come this way. HOWEVER, there seems to be many, many, thoughtless folks installing exceedingly brrillant, mis-aimed addtitions to their Carts, blinding oncoming traffic. Just the other day I was blinded while on the roadway, by a cart two lux under starring at the Sun. I despise any regulations, but let's get Real With your needs to see a thousand yards ahead. Afterall, The VI'll ages have worked hard to reflective outline MMPS.
Which MMP’s have the put on reflective outlines? I wouldn’t trade my spot of paradise down south for any of you northerners places and our MMP’s are pretty dark down here. That’s why my light bar will show a thousand yards (yeah, right) ahead.

To each, their own……
Old 11-24-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Which MMP’s have the put on reflective outlines? I wouldn’t trade my spot of paradise down south for any of you northerners places and our MMP’s are pretty dark down here. That’s why my light bar will show a thousand yards (yeah, right) ahead.

To each, their own……

You’re light bar blinds on coming traffic, but it’s about me right.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You’re light bar blinds on coming traffic, but it’s about me right.
Actually, it’s your, not you’re.

No, it’s really about not running over people that wear black clothing or no lights/reflective strips while walking the MMP’s when it’s dark.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Actually, it’s your, not you’re.

No, it’s really about not running over people that wear black clothing or no lights/reflective strips while walking the MMP’s when it’s dark.

Actually I do five u dime.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Yep. I installed these on my cart. Along with fog type driving lights which REALLY light up the cart paths.
Attachment 91639

Why would you need those with all the led lights?
But, agree better than the barge lights.
Closed Thread

Tags
beam, night, broaden, road, border

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.