Golf Cart Headlights

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Default Golf Cart Headlights

I have a club car with 4" 35W headlights. Does anyone in The Villages upgrade these to a higher wattage or LEDs. Hard to see at night.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Stating the obvious............Check with the dealer.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM

They said they had nothing.

Last edited by legendlake; 11-12-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendlake View Post
I have a club car with 4" 35W headlights. Does anyone in The Villages upgrade these to a higher wattage or LEDs. Hard to see at night.
Are those 'upgraded' LED lamps the ones that blind oncoming drivers on the MM paths?

Or is there a safer wattage to which to upgrade a non-LED lamp?

Old 11-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Are those 'upgraded' LED lamps the ones that blind oncoming drivers on the MM paths?

Or is there a safer wattage to which to upgrade a non-LED lamp?
i have an upgraded steering wheel with self canceling directionals on my 2016 Yamaha electric cart. To my surprise, when we picked up the cart, the cart has high beam lights. The head lights are LED so the high beams are so strong and bright, I don't have any problem at all driving at night. When I drive at night, I knock down the high beams when there is an oncoming vehicle.......just like you would in a car. It is so much safer driving at night when YOU CAN SEE the road and your surroundings.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I bought a pair of LED lights, meant to go on a car, at Wal Mart for $22.00 and installed them myself.

I did have a bit of a problem because the wiring in my cart was old and messed up, but VillageTinker helped me get it straightened out yesterday. A big thanks to Dave for that.

But if you have a cart where the wiring hasn't been altered over the years, this is a simple installation and they work great.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:43 AM

I installed a set of led high/low beam lights on our Yamaha. Started out with just high beams and agree they are too bright to leave on full time. Tried it out on our street the first night and lit up the whole neighborhood. They can be adjusted to point down but not enough. Then went to high/low w/o a new directional / high/low beam stalk (I was too cheap) and am still teaching myself to use it. Elected not to put in a separate high/low switch or an old fashion foot switch but wanted something similar to how you do it I your car. My recommendation whether you do it yourself or pay to have it done go with a high/low beam setup.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, if you can double check to see if your existing light can be adjusted, they might be aimed wrong.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Not sure which headlight bar you have but if its the original non-led version you can buy a LED headlight bar that replaces it from the Village cart stores. They are brighter but still could be a lot brighter. Right now getting cataract surgery > hope it helps better than the LED headlight bar.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendlake View Post
Go to buggiesunlimited.com. They have led replacements for club car carts.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:05 AM

Looking for SOMEONE in The Villages to do the upgrade.
Closed Thread

Tags
headlights, wattage, higher, upgrade, hard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.