Golf cart impouned by insurance company?

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2017, 06:39 PM

The only time I have seen a Golf cart impounded is by law enforcement, or a lawfirm. I have been expert witness on a few golf cart related accidents including 1 wrongful death case.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Eternal Member

As far as "losing everything", it may not be a literal everything BUT definitely substantial enough to make you wish you had paid that paltry $100 or so for insurance.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I have been on this forum since 2009 and have lived in TV since 2011. I have read stories about golf cart accidents that have been reported by the Daily Sun, the Villages News and on TOTV. I understand the laws affecting golf carts and street-legal carts.

I have never heard (neither factual stories nor urban myths) of a golf cart being impounded after an accident, then subsequently the owner being denied coverage by an insurance company.

I'm not attempting to defend those owners who modify their carts to exceed the legal limit.

Have I missed reports of impounding and insurance denial?

Thoughts?
I believe you will find insurers don't challenge many claims as it is too costly. The model just pays claims and spreads cost across all policy holders.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, insurance, cart, carts, stories

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.