Golf Cart Inner Tubes

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2017, 05:10 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

They leak around the rim bead seal. That is the problem. One tire company has put their seal solution on them. But during the hot summer their sealant started to seep out and now they lose air. I need to check and add air weekly. A real pain in the rear. That is why I am still looking to have inner tubes installed. I found a company locally that will install inner tubes if I can finf them and buy them. No luck finding them so far.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, with all of the golf carts in TV (65,000 or more), this should be a really big problem, and I do not recall seeing it mentioned before. This leads me to think there is something wrong with either your tires or the rims causing the problem. IMHO, try going to Wildwood tire (maybe call first), and have them look at the tires and the wheels. You also do some checking yourself, take the wheel off the golf cart, fill to correct pressure, and either submerge is water, and spray with soapy water, and look for bubbles. PS our cart needs air in the tires about 1 to 2 times per year, same as out cars.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, with all of the golf carts in TV (65,000 or more), this should be a really big problem, and I do not recall seeing it mentioned before. This leads me to think there is something wrong with either your tires or the rims causing the problem. IMHO, try going to Wildwood tire (maybe call first), and have them look at the tires and the wheels. You also do some checking yourself, take the wheel off the golf cart, fill to correct pressure, and either submerge is water, and spray with soapy water, and look for bubbles. PS our cart needs air in the tires about 1 to 2 times per year, same as out cars.
Hope this helps.
Trust me, I know of 3 other guys having the same problem after replacing the original tires on their mag wheels. They op to put air in them ever week. As far as the soapy water test, I am well aware of that as I was a service manager for a few year at Penn-Jersey Auto Center. And before anyone suggest a can of tire seal, that will not work.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.