Golf Cart Insurance.

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 04:45 PM

Progressive $90 for 2 carts and drivers. probably helps that our auto insurance is with them, too. Never asked about experience driving a cart!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
This is the only valid post on this thread so far and it hits the nail on the head. You can't just throw numbers out as to what you pay for golf cart insurance. You need to know what coverages you are buying. The list of coverages provided by this poster are the coverages every Villager should request and as stated, with most companies it will be a separate policy. Street legal carts will cost more.

If you are paying $100 a year or less you are most likely underinsured for all the risks you are exposed to in The Villages.
Bimmer - I have a fairly expensive cart only policy. If I also have an umbrella policy should I look at a less comprehensive cart policy?
Old 03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Foremost through TV Insurance provides 100K/300K/100K liability coverage plus 5K medical per person with $250 deductible for $58 per year. Two drivers and little cart experience before living here. Rates have not changed in 5 years.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Bimmer - I have a fairly expensive cart only policy. If I also have an umbrella policy should I look at a less comprehensive cart policy?
In order to get an umbrella policy you need to have "required" underlying limits on all of your other policies. My umbrella requires underlying limits of 250/500/100 on auto and golf cart policies. I believe those limits are pretty common for most umbrellas.

The intent of an umbrella is for more or less for catastrophic losses and not to be the primary policy relied on in most situations. So the high underlying limits are needed.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
In order to get an umbrella policy you need to have "required" underlying limits on all of your other policies. My umbrella requires underlying limits of 250/500/100 on auto and golf cart policies. I believe those limits are pretty common for most umbrellas.

The intent of an umbrella is for more or less for catastrophic losses and not to be the primary policy relied on in most situations. So the high underlying limits are needed.
That makes sense. Thanks very much.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.