Golf Cart Insurance for a Rental

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Default Golf Cart Insurance for a Rental

I have a rental unit in TV in addition to my home. The rental is in the name of an LLC. I also have a golf cart that goes with the rental. The problem is the company that insures the rental property, does not insure golf carts. I would imagine the policies are quite different for a homeowner vs an LLC renting a property. So any ideas where I can get a stand alone policy on a golf cart for a rental unit? Any guidelines on the cost I am facing?
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

At present, there is no insurance for golf carts that are rented. At one time, Allstate covered the cart if there was no additional charge for the use of the cart in the rental. That is no longer the case.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Sage

Sell the cart as part the rental contract, adding it to the cost of the rental. That extra amount being due at the end of rental contract with either party being able to void the last payment in exchange for cart being sold back.

Disclaimer :Just a thought from a layman.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Here's an article addressing the issue from today's VHA Newsletter, which is in today's Daily Sun.

The Villages Homeowners Association Village Voice Articles - The Villages Homeowners Association
Old 09-02-2015, 02:29 PM

Very helpful.
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Thank you, bimmer. That is really great news that rental insurance might be available in the near future. Here's hoping!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Oh, Boy, I have become an expert on this subject. I own a home in the Villages. I rent this home. What I have learned from talking to multiple insurance agents is this: if the renter hits another golf cart. The golf cart will be covered if the owner has insurance. If the renter is hurt - there is no coverage. They would have to use their own private health insurance. My renter would not use my golf cart. He bought his own. If a friend or family member uses the golf cart with your permission -- they are totally covered. What a mess ! I told my renter just to say that he was a friend of mine --but he wouldn't do it. Hope this helps
Closed Thread

Tags
rental, golf, cart, llc, property, unit, ideas, homeowner, renting, stand, facing, cost, guidelines, policy, insurance, addition, problem, company, imagine, policies, carts, insure, insures, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.