Golf Cart Lights

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan
Default Golf Cart Lights

We have a Par Car Electric Golf Cart and, since we purchased it several years ago, have had a problem with the headlights - they were aimed way too high to be effective at night. I have looked at the lights several times myself and there was no way that I could see to adjust them. Finally we called Columbia Par Car about the problem. After some runaround, they did send out a service representative who drilled some new holes, made some other adjustments, and got the lights aimed more appropriately.

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the golf cart headlight adjustment and how they handled it.?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 PM

Yes most headlights are improperly adjusted and that's because there really isn't any adjustment on MOST golf carts. It all depends on where the holes for the headlight bezel where drilled when the lights where installed. A 32nd of an inch makes a big difference on where they will point.
you may be able to shine the lights on your garage wall to see where the problem is and then loosen the bulb from the bezel and stuff a piece of small hose or something between the headlight and bezel and then tighten it up
GOOD LUCK
Eddie
Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Add washers to move the mounting screws in and out to effect the adjustment. Use the garage wall as suggested, see which way they need to move, then add a washer or two to make the adjustment.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Default golf cart lights

I installed a 2nd set and that works real well. only cost about $20.00. bought them at Walmarts in the auto dept.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.