Golf cart maintenance/repair

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
I am looking for a good person / company who will come to my home in TV and service my cart.
Any suggestions ?
Perhaps trying AGC, they do the EZ Go but they may do other maintenance. We bought our cart from them and they have been so good, totally awesome. The shop is near Bonefish Grill and they are on the net and in the phone book. Their mechanic is really good for sure.

bbbbbb
Old 12-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Humorous

I thought this was a little humorous and would share it. My wife called a large golf cart maintenance garage in The Villages in order to have 2 new tires put on our cart. They said fine and it would be $130 which was reasonable. We then recognized we had not left the charger with the garage and drove to the garage to leave the charger. I asked the lady behind the desk what our charge would be and she said it would be about $215. I asked what happen to the $130 and she said my wife had asked for the additional service which was $85. My wife said "whoa" I didn't ask for that service as I didn't even know it existed so she had it taken off. We then picked the cart up and the bill was over $215. I was not sure the cause, paid the bill and walked out and on the way noticed they had billed me to "change the oil, grease and adjust the engine". I went back in and told them I had never heard of changing the oil on an "electric" cart nor adjusting the engine, etc.etc. The Manager apologized and said it had been a mistake!! He adjusted the bill to what it should have been and we parted company. MORAL OF THE STORY:Be sure to be precise when asking for service and never just pay the bill..Check it.. The manager explained there are codes the service guys put in when they finish the service and this guy used the wrong code which automatically rings up the service done and the prices for each. I may be naive but I don't think this was intentional but it was a lesson to go over the bill before paying AND don't Oil and Grease an electric cart.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Cart maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
I am looking for a good person / company who will come to my home in TV and service my cart.
Any suggestions ?
We purchased from AGC Advantage Golf Cars and they are great to come out to the house. They are located by the Bonefish Grill. Also, they are reasonable and the mechanic is very good, very knowledgeable. Have you seen the huge line for maintenance at the local Golf Cart Store? I asked a good friend who is a good mechanic, regarding maintenance on an electric cart and he said to me, What? What maintenance?
No plugs, no clutch, no oil to change, no gas residue to form varnish in the engine, no fumes to breathe?

bbbbbb
Old 02-27-2017, 04:45 AM
Default Cart repair

I also used Five Star with Shon. Linkage was broken and would not go in reverse. He came and fixed it on site, also had a broken motor mount which he also replaced. Did oil change, spark plug, tires checked, brakes checked, lighting ect. $115 Honest, knowledgeable, nice guy. Would use him again, and recommend his service.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I have used Willie for the past 3 years, he is great. I needed one new tire and I called TV Golf Cars and they said it was a 2 week wait for appointment or I could come in at 7am in the morning and wait in line and drop the cart off and they would give me a loaner. I asked how much for one tire installed and they said something like $75. I called Tire Choice at Colony and they said come on in, no appt necessary and it's $77 out the door. I'm not recommending TC for cars, that's a different story, but for the golf cart they did what they said.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Default Advantage Golf Carts Gone

All the references to excellent service by Advantage are worthless. They folded their tent and slipped away without any notice to their loyal customers. I'd give them a loud Bronx cheer.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, home, suggestions, service, maintenance/repair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.