Golf cart paint job

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2018, 06:10 AM
Default Golf cart paint job

I use my golf cart nearly everyday. The paint on the front was starting to fade. I was advised to put some kind of product for fiberglass boats on it to restore the color. Well voila...that made it worse. I called Parcar to get a price to paint the front but of course they never returned my call. I called a number of auto body shops but no one will do golf carts. I did find one person but he wants $500.00 to do just the front. Way out of my budget as my cart is a 2011. I brought it to someone that details cars/carts and they can't fix it. Do you know anyone out there that paints carts at a reasonable price. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Find a dealer, either Par Car or another brand, maybe the Villages Golf Car can help you.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-01-2018, 09:08 AM

How about a wrap rather than a paint job. They should have solid color option
Old 05-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

Walt Bohr did a very professional paint job on my cart (roof) a couple of years ago. Don't know if he is still painting. He lives in TV, has his shop in Leesburg (I think).

Not sure why Parcar didn't call you back, we use them for both our carts. They have a good paint shop also. Maybe worth another call.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 05-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, I have painted 7 cars, on my own, saved $$$$, I have one at the house now you can look at. I would be glad to take a look at your cart. Send me a PM with your phone number and we can make arrangements to get together. NOTE: one of the problems may be matching your existing paint, but we will see what we can do. Just out of curiosity, what color is your cart, Red is the most expensive color, white is one of the colors hardest to match, followed by red.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Here's the way to go!

$49.95 AND $10 of FREE metal (maybe fiberglass too?) work.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraps for less View Post
Have you thought about having your cart wrapped? Check out our web site Golf Cart Wraps For Less - Custom Golf Carts, Golf Car Wraps You can have your entire cart wrapped in durable customized automobile grade vinyl for about what they want to charge you to paint just the front and it will look like a new cart and last for years!
Yep!

If I ever do mine...that's the way I'll go.

Like they say..."wrap that rascal."
Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 AM

I did have it painted by a mobile painter...although I did pay him because it looked pretty good in my driveway it is not the right color...not even close and it is not smooth it has some small bubbles in the coating that he put on. I am going to have to check this wrap out and let you know. Expensive lesson to learn.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I did have it painted by a mobile painter...although I did pay him because it looked pretty good in my driveway it is not the right color...not even close and it is not smooth it has some small bubbles in the coating that he put on. I am going to have to check this wrap out and let you know. Expensive lesson to learn.
MDR, painting fiberglass is difficult, I did a corvette, car came out fine, removable top was a disaster. It turns out fiberglass can hold moisture, which will cause the small bubbles that you are seeing when the temperature changes and causes the moisture to try and come out of the fiberglass. Hope the wrap works better.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Cart Paint

[QUOTE=My Daily Run;1538877]I use my golf cart nearly

Maybe? On 466 east of Morse, they redo carts and may do it?
An ad in the paper? There are car guys that do their own paint jobs in the villages. Also home painters like Geogh (sp) and others? Call Action Jackson, he is good on ideas.

And Ace Hardware?

Good luck.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Default Thoughts re: Having your golf cart painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I use my golf cart nearly everyday. The paint on the front was starting to fade. I was advised to put some kind of product for fiberglass boats on it to restore the color. Well voila...that made it worse. I called Parcar to get a price to paint the front but of course they never returned my call. I called a number of auto body shops but no one will do golf carts. I did find one person but he wants $500.00 to do just the front. Way out of my budget as my cart is a 2011. I brought it to someone that details cars/carts and they can't fix it. Do you know anyone out there that paints carts at a reasonable price. Thank you in advance.
You say the front is faded and that is the reson why you want to have ONLY the front painted. You may not be aware but the rest of it has faded as well-perhaps not as much. As to your quote of $500 that is about what I would expect. You probably would be wise to check on the price to do the whole cart. I would expect it to be about the same. A guess-paint that will hold up and is sold for this sort of use is like $60 a quart.

A wrap, suggested by others is a less expensive option.
Like anything else, you want to read before committing.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Here's the way to go!

$49.95 AND $10 of FREE metal (maybe fiberglass too?) work.
Metal work... Can you say BONDO???
Old 05-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A fellow I played golf with bought a used cart that looked really nice, it was a candy apple red. I asked him where did he buy it and about the color. He said he bought it at Nobles Golf Carts in Leesburg and they'll paint em any color you like. It's on 441 on the left side just past the red light where 44 joins 441.

Home

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, front, cart, paint, price

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.