Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Here we go.
🍻🍻🍻
Old 10-02-2021, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
But to answer your question, it seems that the VAST majority of carts are gas powered, so one you extrapolate that to include both Frogs and Snowbirds. Hence, I would surmise that there isn't a problem with leaving a gas cart for long periods.

My only advice would be to get a battery tender (not a battery charger), that keeps the battery charged, rather than have to charge a dead battery, and adding a fuel additive like Stabil Fuel Stabilizer when you leave...

I've no experience with long term storage of an electric cart...
He is 100% right. Battery tender and full tank of gas with sta bil fuel stabilizer works great.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-06-2021, 12:45 AM
Gold member

If you have a newer electric cart, just leave the charger plugged in and it will top up the batteries every 2 weeks or so. Lithium batteries should be stored at about 30% charge if you are not going to use them for 6 months or more. Lithium batteries don't like to sit at fully charged for a long time. The heat wont start to bother them until about 115F.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Batteries wouldn’t do well sitting idle all summer long in a hot garage. I would go with gas and be sure to store it for the season with a full tank of ethanol free gas. Remove the battery and put it in the house on a trickle charger and put jack stands under the cart to take weight off the tires so they don’t get flat spots. When you return, simply replace the battery and remove the jack stands and you should be good to go : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Cool. Unplugging the battery and jacking would definitely be a learning curve, but I'm game! Thanks.
I have a gas powered Yamaha, and I left in my hot garage from May-October. I don't see the need to remove the battery. I do recommend a tender for it. I did not raise the tires off the ground, but it really is a good idea. I came back to no problems. Battery is fine, tires also.
I do have a friend who came by, checked the house while I was gone, and gave the cart a ride a couple of times. If you have a friend you can enlist, that would be a great idea.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm curious as to what golf cart models people may recommend for a Snowbird, leaving it in a very hot garage for many months. Is gas better than electric for leaving it idle and hot?
Fuel injected cart no fuel in carburetor bowl to go stale and plug jet. Or electric cart with trickle charger.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, hot, cart, leaving, snowbird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.