Golf cart rental pricing

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned
Question Golf cart rental pricing

I would like some information on what the going rates are for golf cart rentals. 2 seaters vs. 4 seaters ?? high speed worth more $ ??? weekly vs. monthly rates. I am an individual that has an extra golf cart and would like to start renting it out as the season nears...just need some guidelines as what to charge.... also looking at purchasing another to use as a rental if it seems feasible...THANKS TO ALL
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 AM

I would just start calling the Golf cart stores in the area...act as if you are an interested consumer. A little sneaky ..maybe..but it is done all the time.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Eternal Member

Better check on your golf cart insurance before you take in this venture. Renting the car might violate the terms of agreement.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

Good point..I will look into that..thanks. I do have a cart company name from building/reselling I may be able to insure under. Depends on the price and which way is cheaper. Knowing the price to insure a cart personally(cheap),,I cant see adding on extra drivers or rentals as too much more...but hey this is insurance we are talking about LOL Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Villages gas model runs $17/day or $85/week for a 2 seater.
Pay 5 days and get 2 free, basically, plus tax.
4 seater was $37/day, I was just there yesterday and caught their prices.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in renting a golf cart from November 17th to December 3rd. If you still have a cart to rent, let me know.
rljacksn@comcast.net
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

I am getting the opinion that there are more renters than there are carts available during the busy season...does this sound true to those of you who have dealt with rentals in the past?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Veteran member

Absolutely true. When we first moved here 3 years ago, what with getting the house and furniture together, we had not yet purchased a golf cart. We tried renting one in February and could not find one available. The Villages had none and no one who was running an ad in the paper had one avaiable until 4/1! Take a look at the parking lot behind the Villages golf cart store in LSL. During the summer months there is a lot full of them. As we get closer to Dec. you will notice that there are fewer and fewer and eventually none. Also since carts now come with LSP more of the Village carts are spoken for.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 PM
nkrifats

That is true. Before I bought my cart last trip. I had ask about Oct.,Dec., and Feb of 2010. I was told maybe for Dec of 09 and No for Feb of 2010. I would have been ok for Oct of 09.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Gold member

Several years ago I looked into doing what you are thinking about. The liability scared me to death. If you rent a cart and they have an acciedent and anyone is hurt you will be sued. Not perhaps you will be sued. Yes they will come after the driver then they will come after the person who rented it to them. You better have deep pockets or no pockets at all. If you have no pockets at all it is hard to get into this business. It is very hard to find someone to insure your business and when you do you will think that you have a partner.

If you decide to do this then you have to go out and purchase the carts which is not easy. Your only market to purchase is out of the newspaper on for sale by owner and this can be interesting at best. Most of the guys who have been doing this for a while in this area have all of the other outlets tied up such as the golf cart stores that take trade-ins.

Yes there is a great market for this but the liability scared me to death! Oh and by the way the people that you rent a cart to will drink and drive them and they will let their grandchildren drive them. A great way to loose your retirement savings.

I do wish you the best of luck this is just my opinion.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Banned

I have looked into the insurance..the premiums aren't too bad. A 1 million liability policy with a 2 million aggregate under a LLC company name frees me from any personal exposure..at least so I was told. It would take less than 1 carts rental for 4 months to pay the premium. After that...I would be allowed up to $70,000 in gross income before the premium goes up. BAsically as it was laid out..any rental business income from $1 to $69,999 costs $1100 for the million dollar liability policy. So whether its one cart or 20 carts...the price is the same.
As far as getting the carts to use as a rental....thats easy. We alrready work on and fix up carts for resale...so I have al the connections for parts and carts....and we work on them ourselves so that cuts out that part of the expenses.
Im just trying to cover all my bases before jumping in and welcome all ideas, concerns and suggestions. One cart is ready to go, another will be ready by the end of next week...so its almost time to make some commitment decisions I guess LOL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.