Golf cart rentals

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950
Question Golf cart rentals

my wife and i are returning to TV for a lifestyle visit (our 3rd) in early February.....having rented a golf cart on our previous visits from The Villages Golf Carts....while we are not dissatisfied, we are interested in renting one a little more complete...i.e. with rain protection

is anyone aware of any dealers that do rentals of more complete carts that are located where a cart could be driven from their location to a location within TV?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Eternal Member

If you do rent from TV Golf Carts there is an option to also rent a cover. Glenn in LSL TVGC knows a guy who has them. They are the over-the-top not so good covers, but they'll keep you dry. They worked for me when I rented in the past.
Another alternate is a guy named Jim who lives on the Historic side who rents carts that I believe have covers. Do a search, his number is out here. I hear good things about him but I haven't personally used him. It was always much easier to walk to LSL and rent there so that's what I did.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Gold member

I reccomend Jim Followell he has cart rentals with side curtains and that go faster that The Villages Carts his phone # is Cell 317-258-1241 or home 352-259-7525.

Below is a link to past people who have used TOV and used Jim or do a search using Followell and you will see that many folks reccomend Jim.

Golf Cart Rental
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
SNOK

I have rented from Barbara @ 259-8395 (Club Car electric). On my next trip next month, I plan to rent from Scott @552-8478 (Club Car gas). I also know of the following rental companies - Don's @326-2357; Jim's @259-7525 (Yamaha gas) and NVR Fail @750-5085 (Club Car gas). Most of the rental companies, other than TV Golf Cars in LSL, provide rain enclosures. Most also contend that gas carts are best, but I don't know if they mean best for the user or best for the owner (rental car company).
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Default We've used Jim

I'd second the recommendation for Jim Followell. We've used him, and it was an excellent experience. Great cart, great price.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another vote for Jim Followell. When another_Linda's cart ran out of juice (the charger wouldn't reset but the renters took it out anyway), he not only delivered a cart to them but dropped Linda's cart off at my place at no extra charge. The rental cart was a cute purple gas job that had good pickup and was in good condition. His rate was $15/day, probably less if you rent weekly.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-27-2008, 07:53 PM

Another vote for Jim. His carts will keep up with traffic, some thing the Village carts do not do.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Here you go,..ANOTHER VOTE for Jim. We have used him a couple of times. Great prices and carts are in good shape with sunbrella enclosure. We are planning on using him again in a couple of weeks for family coming in. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.